PDA

View Full Version : Paint Shop

BLK03SVT
07-07-12, 10:06 AM
Hey guys- hope everyone is having a good summer! I'm looking for a good paint shop that can paint my lower rocker panels on my GT500. They are currently that black plastic so they'll need to be sanded and painted. Any recommendations for a shop that will do it right are much appreciated. I'm in n. Scottsdale FYI, but don't mind going far to get it done right! Thanks!

scooter3
07-07-12, 05:51 PM
Hey guys- hope everyone is having a good summer! I'm looking for a good paint shop that can paint my lower rocker panels on my GT500. They are currently that black plastic so they'll need to be sanded and painted. Any recommendations for a shop that will do it right are much appreciated. I'm in n. Scottsdale FYI, but don't mind going far to get it done right! Thanks!

Check out Phaze I Collision on Cavecreek and Dunlap. Ask for Paul. They are the shop that painted my cowl hood. They do a lot of custom work. Tell him Scott sent you. Good luck.

http://phaze1collisioncentre.com/index.html

BLK03SVT
07-08-12, 01:01 PM
Will do Scott, i appreciate it and thank you. That's not far from me and their shop looks clean.

Wades GT
07-08-12, 01:25 PM
Have you cleaned those rockers with any type of oil or waxed based detailers or any kind? If you have, buy some brand new fresh rockers or that paint wont last. 10-12 rockers are made from an oil based plastic, wich already makes them fun to paint. If you buy new rockers get the 13's, as they are made to be painted wich will cut your prep time cost down big time, and the paint will last a hell of alot longer.

BLK03SVT
07-08-12, 10:07 PM
Even if they're sanded? I assumed the prep would make them ok to paint as others have done, and as companies like bangastang do.

Wades GT
07-08-12, 10:16 PM
Painting over oil based plastic can be done, but how long do you want the paint to last?

BLK03SVT
07-08-12, 10:24 PM
I'll look into the 13's as I do want them to last. Even though I never drive the damn thing I don't want it to be a poor job. Thanks for the info!

Wades GT
07-08-12, 10:40 PM
No problem, just trying to save you some time and money. I bet bangastang is painting aftermarket side skirts.

JoeT
07-10-12, 04:39 PM
Wade knows what hes talking about.