PDA

View Full Version : My ported eaton/E85/n20 build!

OH3MGSVT
06-20-12, 04:46 PM
Well as a majority of us want to do with our cars, we want to make big power! I want to do the same, except I dont want to go the "normal" route most do buy just slapping on a twin screw and calling it good. I decided to stray away from the pack, so to speak, and do a ported eaton build with E85 and eventually Nitrous!

As of right now I'm just gathering up the parts to put on the car, as it sits my car is just a basic bolt on car with a 2.76 upper. Best Dyno was 452/481

So far, that parts I have gathered are as follows:

SCT2400 MAF
(ordering soon) Lethals budget Return style fuel kit
80lb Injectors
Steig Stage 3 ported eaton
Metco 8lb lower pulley setup (probably going to go with 3.2 BF upper)

I had a SCT3000 but my friend just went with a 2.3 Whipple w/ E85 and he was pegging his MAF so we traded since he needed it and I wont be making quite as much power as him (for now :snicker: )

What do you guys think I will make for power? Im bringing my car down this Friday to Extreme Performance/Vindictive Motorsports to get a compression check done and have my whole car looked over so I know Ill be okay to go ahead with the new setup. My car has 98k miles and has shot out 2 spark plugs (cylinders 3 and 1) so im worried about blowing any more out, so I will be on the hunt for some new heads, preferably the Jan 05 heads with 9 thread spark plug and better coolant passages, but they go for ~$2200 which I really dont have right now, and im sure I will eventually need to throw in some fresh internals but hope this setup will last me for now.

It is currently my DD which I HATE, so until then I will probably have a pump gas tune on it until I can find a cheap beater to drive during the week and then I can get int retuned for E85 as my mileage will go WAAAY down!

I will keep everyone updated as I make progress and as a few people at the shop predict on spray I should be a tad over 700rwhp which would be AWESOME, but for now, it will be a ported/e85 car until funds allow otherwise!

My goal is to be the highest HP stock eaton cobra in the state, not sure who currently holds that but it is a good goal to shoot for and would love to see the poeples faces that I race with either twin screws on pump or etc. when I tell them "oh, im just still on the stock eaton...*troll face*"

OH3MGSVT
06-20-12, 05:33 PM
Pic of the eaton I will be swapping on

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u398/OH3MGSVT/eaton.jpg

BurnTire
06-20-12, 06:52 PM
Cool deal, burning corn is they way to go.

SloSVO
06-21-12, 11:00 AM
In my opinion and not to shit on anyone's dreams.. but what you are trying to do is a bit on the risky side.. and if you can't afford to repair the car if something goes wrong.. then some Nike shoks would be in order...

I hope it works out for you.. I do... but before you jump that fence.. there isn't always a cushion on the other side...

And fastest stock eaton cobra.. how is it stock when the blower is ported???

OH3MGSVT
06-21-12, 01:08 PM
In my opinion and not to shit on anyone's dreams.. but what you are trying to do is a bit on the risky side.. and if you can't afford to repair the car if something goes wrong.. then some Nike shoks would be in order...

I hope it works out for you.. I do... but before you jump that fence.. there isn't always a cushion on the other side...

And fastest stock eaton cobra.. how is it stock when the blower is ported???

Well its what I want to do so im doing it. Ive seen quite a few guys to e85 with an eaton, if anything its much safer since its a higher octane and is a better gas that 91 in many ways. I dont get what makes it any more risky than any other cobra thats modded. This will be a project that will be years in the making, not something done overnight. Obviosuly I would need ported heads/cams/ long tube headers/ built motor to accomplish all this, thats why Im doing it a piece at a time

Stock eaton being the stock blower that comes on a Cobra, not stock meaning unmodified.

03cobrazzz
06-21-12, 04:39 PM
Well its what I want to do so im doing it. Ive seen quite a few guys to e85 with an eaton, if anything its much safer since its a higher octane and is a better gas that 91 in many ways. I dont get what makes it any more risky than any other cobra thats modded. This will be a project that will be years in the making, not something done overnight. Obviosuly I would need ported heads/cams/ long tube headers/ built motor to accomplish all this, thats why Im doing it a piece at a time

Stock eaton being the stock blower that comes on a Cobra, not stock meaning unmodified.

good luck i went that way in 04 and it was 600hp with a 100shot and 110 racegas tune
and the heaton heated up needed to wayt 1hr with ice in coolerbox to cool down inbetween rounds when i look back the whipple would be a better more eficient choice and cost the same money when you go with a upgraded motor go with a bigger charger and scip the nitrous its already out there i think between 800-1000 hp was build over at psr and a used whiple may be availeble to save some money i also did that on a 07 gt and never lregreted it

SloSVO
06-21-12, 06:05 PM

Sounds like you got it all figured out.. just don't forget to test the E85 everytime you get a batch.. ask burntire..

OH3MGSVT
06-21-12, 10:16 PM
good luck i went that way in 04 and it was 600hp with a 100shot and 110 racegas tune and the heaton heated up needed to wayt 1hr with ice in coolerbox to cool down inbetween rounds when i look back the whipple would be a better more eficient choice and cost the same money when you go with a upgraded motor go with a bigger charger and scip the nitrous its already out there i think between 800-1000 hp was build over at psr and a used whiple may be availeble to save some money i also did that on a 07 gt and never lregreted itThank you sir, I don't plan to keep the eaton forever, in fact I've read some good things about the eaton 2.3 TVS and technically I would still be an eatin car hahaha! Either way, I'll have a better more efficient blower when I get a built motor, but anyone who knows me, especially on here, know I change my mind allllllll the time on what I'm gonna do, I'm sure a lot of you thought I was never gonna buy an 03 cobra lol

OH3MGSVT
06-21-12, 10:17 PM
Sounds like you got it all figured out.. just don't forget to test the E85 everytime you get a batch.. ask burntire..Thanks man, I've done my homework, I won't keep the eaton forever but might as well have a little fun with it on e85 while I can, before I make it a twin screw or turbo car someday! Yeah I know Brent has a tester and tests the e85 by his house so I'll make sure to get one myself and tune it to whatever is pumping out of there