PDA

View Full Version : New here...

Jim James
06-19-12, 10:46 AM
Hello people: Just joined 6/19/12. Looking @ a '11 GT 6 speed to purchase. Hopefully it will work out. Will be fun if it comes together. Bought a new 1967 4 speed GT 390 Fastback off the show room floor @ Russ Davis Ford (Gas Ronda Funny Car) in Covina CA and drove it for 3 years before I let it go. Was fun and FAST, especially after tweaking it to my personal wants. I am/was an old drag racer in the early '60's to late '60's and raced @ Fontana, Irwindale, Lyons, Colton CA drag strips and many side streets in So Calif in my hey day. Still attend the drags (spectator) whenever possible. Of course, as I'm sure you can tell, I'm an old geezer, but still an old hot rodder @ heart. Hope this little note of introduction finds all here well and in very high spirits. Jim:icon_cool:

BurnTire
06-19-12, 12:07 PM
:welcome4:

HanksGT
06-20-12, 09:46 AM
Welcome to the group! Do you ever come down to Phoenix? 4th Saturday is Mustang night at the Scottsdale Pavilions.

Jim James
06-20-12, 10:37 AM
Yes Hank, we do get down there every so often, as we are shopping deprived up here and we have friends down in Peoria to visit as well. In all those years, haven't made the Pavilions show yet. Have a reminder out on the garage fridge, but doesn't seem to help me remember. :tongue: Will make a concentrated effort to make the 4th Saturday for Mustang night now that I know. Thanks for the heads up. :awsome: