PDA

View Full Version : Subaru BRZ vs Ford Mustang

trev0006
05-04-12, 02:22 PM
Subaru BRZ vs Ford Mustang (http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos-12/05-04-12page-Subaru-BRZ-vs-Ford-Mustang.htm)

Angus MacKenzie pits the 2013 Subaru BRZ against its American rival - the 2013 Ford Mustang V6. After carving up canyon roads in both cars, Angus hands the keys over to pro race driver Randy Pobst for limit testing and hot laps around Streets of Willow racetrack. Find out which front engine, rear-wheel drive coupe reigns supreme!

Blackmagic1
05-04-12, 07:21 PM
What a ANAL review !! First they compare it against a Shelby (V8), then say its "Slightly" Larger than a MIATA!? (compared to WHAT current Ford?) So lets compare a suedo sports car against the 'original secretarys' car. Gee its larger ,heavier, and doesnt handle like the Subaru... Duhhh. Its a "Rival" cuz its rear wheel drive? Oh Please !!:doh:

scooter3
05-05-12, 11:56 AM
The BRZ is a rebadged Scion FR-S. How can they compare these two cars.

CobraGT87
05-05-12, 12:55 PM
heres a nice comparison against a BMW M3. Pretty darn close all around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9zve6FUeVA&feature=share

Dr. Apex
05-05-12, 08:41 PM
^Pretty funny the base GT is toe to toe with the M3!! The Boss?? It was considerably faster around Laguna Seca, i don't think they even bothered to compare the Boss LS times to the M3.

That's a crap comparison imo, just someone looking for something to do to try and hype the BRZ up. I'm sure it's a fine car, it has a much nicer interior than the Scion variant as I read it but it's still a Subaru.

Jacostang
05-05-12, 11:52 PM
They are always trying to bash the Mustang...Nothing new its a terrible comparison, they are not even close to the same weight and design.. But thanks for posting it up for us!!

CobraGT87
05-06-12, 05:32 AM
I didnt think it was that bad of a comparison. the design maybe not be close, but power output, slalom, braking, 0-60, 60-0, 1/4 times were all pretty darn close. (that was my entire point right there) I should of made it its own post as it had nothing to do with the subie. I didnt get the feeling they were trying to bash the mustang esp compared to other tests in other mags etc..The Mustangs competes against it in the CSCC as well as Camaro,and others that are compareable, sure most mags etc are biased to one brand, I was merely looking at the perf stats was all. Oh well, so much for watching the mustang compete against diff sports cars eh?. As for the Boss 302, that would of been closer to what? a C6 vette?, older viper?, Cadillac CTS-V? The mustang is great for what it is (a true muscle car with incredible handling, power,& style for its price. Hell I've owned nothing but Mustangs for 35yrs, that outa tell you just how much I appreciate the car, but a world class sports car it is not (not yet anyway, but I see that changing very soon).

I'm VERY SORRY I posted it. although Im not much on the M3, I do respect it and for having a full litre smaller motor, it did pretty darn well IMO. the differences were very minor. Dont worry, I won't make this mistake again. I guess I come from a diff breed where I was taught to appreciate ALL cars (their +'s & -'s) and try to be as fair as possible and pay respect where they are earned even though I am biased towards the Mustang. it wasn't my intention to start a rip roar session, but to appreciate the Mustangs performance against more refined german engineering which one can't argue the BMW has a clear advantage..

My Apologies Dave..

Scott M

Rick Shopmier
05-06-12, 10:55 AM
The M3 has been the long running benchmark for touring car handling. It think its flattering that the Mustang is compared to it. Mustang power compared to M3 technology shows that Ford is getting it right. Note in the comparo that the driver said the Camaro would loose. As far as comparing to the Sub, well who cares.

Got my TRACKEY installed on Friday, yesterday installed the Steeda shifter mount and full opened the side exhaust. In a few minutes I am going out with the RED KEY to see what has changed. Look for a new thread with my comments.

Jacostang
05-06-12, 05:07 PM
I didnt think it was that bad of a comparison. the design maybe not be close, but power output, slalom, braking, 0-60, 60-0, 1/4 times were all pretty darn close. (that was my entire point right there) I should of made it its own post as it had nothing to do with the subie. I didnt get the feeling they were trying to bash the mustang esp compared to other tests in other mags etc..The Mustangs competes against it in the CSCC as well as Camaro,and others that are compareable, sure most mags etc are biased to one brand, I was merely looking at the perf stats was all. Oh well, so much for watching the mustang compete against diff sports cars eh?. As for the Boss 302, that would of been closer to what? a C6 vette?, older viper?, Cadillac CTS-V? The mustang is great for what it is (a true muscle car with incredible handling, power,& style for its price. Hell I've owned nothing but Mustangs for 35yrs, that outa tell you just how much I appreciate the car, but a world class sports car it is not (not yet anyway, but I see that changing very soon).

I'm VERY SORRY I posted it. although Im not much on the M3, I do respect it and for having a full litre smaller motor, it did pretty darn well IMO. the differences were very minor. Dont worry, I won't make this mistake again. I guess I come from a diff breed where I was taught to appreciate ALL cars (their +'s & -'s) and try to be as fair as possible and pay respect where they are earned even though I am biased towards the Mustang. it wasn't my intention to start a rip roar session, but to appreciate the Mustangs performance against more refined german engineering which one can't argue the BMW has a clear advantage..

My Apologies Dave..

Scott M

Scott,
I was referring to the original one with the Subaru, I agree with the comparison of the GT/Boss VS. the M3. But the Subaru in my opinion isnt in the same category with the Mustang or am I missing the point somewhere with it???

CobraGT87
05-06-12, 05:45 PM
Dave, Oh okay I completely misunderstood you. The Subaru is deff not in the same category as the Mustang. The only Subie I thought was even reasonable was back in the late 90's I think. todays version is just ugly IMO and wouldn't hold a candle to the Mustang GT.

TY for clearing that up. :wave:

Scott

Jacostang
05-06-12, 08:07 PM
No worries!!