PDA

View Full Version : New Guy in Mesa

Jeff H
01-09-07, 02:13 PM
Howdy,

Recently met Jeff (BurnTire) on another Mustang club and was directed over here. Always cool to meet new people.

My car is an all stock Sonic Blue 02 GT with an auto (slow). I also have a (dare I say it?) 05 SRT-4. I actually drive that more now than the Mustang these days.

Look forward to looking around the forums and getting to know you all!

Jeff

BurnTire
01-09-07, 02:15 PM
:welcome4:

ASUSMC
01-09-07, 02:27 PM
I like Jeffs small little reference to the skittles and tasting the rainbow with the rainbow welcome sign.

O well moving on. All Jeff's have posted here so far and definitely welcome to the site

Jeff H
01-09-07, 02:46 PM
I like Jeffs small little reference to the skittles and tasting the rainbow with the rainbow welcome sign.

O well moving on. All Jeff's have posted here so far and definitely welcome to the site

Thanks for welcomes, Jeffs!

Heh heh. I dind't get the correlation with the rainbow until you pointed it out. It's a fun little car but I'm thinking of ditching it in favor of looking for a fox body to turbo.

My 02 actually had a twin turbo kit on it for a very short time. Long story short, I dropped it off with Cartech in San Antonio for what was supposed to be a 3 month wait while they built a prototype kit on it. Just shy of a year later, I get back a smoking, detonating POS. Having been without the car for so long (it was also only 10 months old when I dropped it off), I ripped the kit back off and have been driving a stock car since.

Jacostang
01-09-07, 03:04 PM
Welcome! Too bad about the turbos, lots of stuff to do though!!

ASUSMC
01-09-07, 03:16 PM
That would sufficiently piss me off. Did you try to take it and get a tune? I assume you did and it still had problems.

Tortuga
01-09-07, 03:16 PM
Welcome.:pinkthumb:

Tortuga
01-09-07, 03:17 PM
That
???? :pet: You should really finish ur post b4 u hit submit. Lol.:laughing:

Jeff H
01-09-07, 03:27 PM
That would sufficiently piss me off. Did you try to take it and get a tune? I assume you did and it still had problems.

It had a Pro-M universal blow through that was a pile of junk. At the time, no one seemed to know of another blow through that would work so we never attempted to change the tune.

Murillo originally did the tune and did the best he could with what he had to work with. The morons over at Cartech also put the IAT sensor before the turbos so he had to zero out the value of that device, which didn't help things either. Along with the crappy tune, both of the (low mount) turbos were dumping oil into the exhaust (in large quantities) and the electric scavenge pumps were not working correctly. It was more than I wanted to deal with at the time so I gave up pretty quick.

With all that, it only put out 365/440 at 9 psi. I sold the kit to a local guy who sold it to a guy with a Saleen in TX. He rebuilt the turbos, put on a new scavenge pump system, a good meter and ended up with 500+ HP though I don't know how on much boost. He had a built bottom end to handle it too though.

Chris B.
01-09-07, 05:35 PM
Welcome!! Turbo cars are really fun when they are tuned and running right. I had a Mitsubishi Eclipse turbo running 21psi with alcohol injection!!

RockysMom
01-09-07, 06:28 PM
Welcome Welcome Welcome:woot1:

Lucafu1
01-09-07, 11:38 PM
welcome bud!

Jeff H
01-10-07, 12:34 PM
Thanks for all the welcomes!

Indy
01-11-07, 10:48 PM
Welcome