PDA

View Full Version : The Dilemma

jake.gore
04-10-12, 06:49 PM
A couple of months after purchasing my 2012 GT, I'm still not sure what to do with it.

I've been browsing around Ebay, AmericanMuscle.com and CJPonyparts.com, just to name a few, for ideas and pricing. I was curious to whether any of you knew of another place to browse for parts that may be a little more budget-friendly. I'm not looking to do a lot of crazy mods, but a few would be nice.

To Do List:

Strut Tower Brace
Tuner
Wheels/Tires (18x9 Front & 18x10 Rear)
Eibach Springs
Eibach Anti-Roll sway bars (front & rear)
3.73 gears (Currently at 3.31s)
Upgrade the clutch (Not sure which one or what I want yet)

And there may end up being a few more to go after this. On top of the performance upgrades, I'm thinking of some kind of stripe kit, possibly a C style side stripe. I'm thinking opposite of the boss' "Reverse C" stripe styling. Window louvers for both the quarter and rear glass is a must. Some kind of aftermarket grille, possibly another Boss-inspired grille, but with the pony emblem offset instead of centered.

This is just some of the ideas I've had running through my head and would like to get some input =)

BurnTire
04-10-12, 09:02 PM
The gears will wake it up for sure. Is the stock clutch still holding up?

Wharf Rat
04-10-12, 10:27 PM
I'd start with the CAI/tune and 3.73s. Look thorough the 2011+ forum here and you will see 3 or 4 threads with dynosheets on my mods.

Don't worry about the clutch. It will handle more than you can throw at it till you throw boost at it. My stock clutch has about 50 passes on it and it is good as new. Some leaving at 6 grand on DR's. A few 1.6x 60 fts in there, too. Never slipped once.

As far as the suspension there are lots of options. I have the Roush UCA, Steeda springs, and Koni yellows and wouldn't change a thing.

El Jefe
04-11-12, 11:35 AM
www.LastCallRacing.com

You can also buy a wholesale acct and get lower pricing