PDA

View Full Version : 05 gt emissions" not ready"

IansBAJ
02-21-12, 10:15 PM
So I tried to pass emissions today and their monitors reported my car as not ready. I hope this is just because of me replacing my battery last week and not driving enough. Does anyone happen to know where I can find info on the drive cycles needed to ready the computer?

AZSonicSnake
02-22-12, 08:18 AM
how many miles have you driven? if you just changed it last week, chances are it has not had enough time to run the 7 readiness tests. i ran into this with my mazda last year. just drive it a bunch. i think it took almost 100 miles before it ran all the tests. btw- make sure you gas tank is full as well, as some tests won't run when you nearing 1/4 to empty.

IansBAJ
02-22-12, 03:26 PM
Yeah I was at less that quarter tank and nowhere near 100 miles since the change. I guess its roadtrip time.

MOTANGT
02-22-12, 08:13 PM
I just went through this on Monday. My 2007 takes 150 miles on the mark to complete the cycles for P1000 to clear. I drive 46 miles a day for work so mine add up quick. Good luck with yours, I'm sure you just need a few more miles.

IansBAJ
02-22-12, 08:49 PM
I just went through this on Monday. My 2007 takes 150 miles on the mark to complete the cycles for P1000 to clear. I drive 46 miles a day for work so mine add up quick. Good luck with yours, I'm sure you just need a few more miles.
I did some research and in the owners guide it says-

1. Turn on car let idle to running temp.
2. Turn on a/c for at least 1 min
3. Drive for at least 10 miles.

I don't feel comfortable doing just that so I'm going to do that and circle the santan to the 101 to the 60 to the 10 like 4 or 5 times. I only drive like 6 miles a day so if its 150 miles maybe I should do the chandler 500. My tagsare due the 28th.....

IansBAJ
02-23-12, 02:05 PM
So just got back from round two. None of the stuff was either not ready or not supported. I am going to call diablosport so they can help me out. Now I can't just go back and retest. I have to call the county and either go down there or have a mechanic call them and say its ok. Yipee

Blackmagic1
02-29-12, 08:04 PM
I had this on mine. Found out on the aftermarket tune the secondary o2 sensors are disabled . Downloaded another tune from the guys at AZ Dyno Chip. Drove straight to emissions(2 miles), ran and passed ok.

IansBAJ
03-06-12, 09:28 AM
So after loading the tune you didn't have to do a drive cycle? I got new tunes from bama. 150 dollars ugh... But I do not see the P1000 code and I was wondering if it would be there if I needed to do the cycle.

SloSVO
03-06-12, 05:15 PM
if the p1000 isn't showing.. then its has passed the drive cycle.. just make sure its not there, and smog the biatch

Blackmagic1
03-06-12, 09:30 PM
No I didnt do the drive cycle,as the tune "closed the loop".Thats all their computer found,which registered as "not ready". I flashed back right after as i liked my original tune a bit better.(i have 3 different tunes stored on my SCT Tuner)

IansBAJ
03-06-12, 09:55 PM
Well went to the ADEQ with my new bama tune. I got cleared there then went to my emissions station by the house and passed! It had to have been the crap tune I had on there before. Then got home and had a ticket in the mail! Just can't win anymore. I thought they did away with speed cameras..

Blackmagic1
03-07-12, 09:19 PM
Speed cameras still workin in intersections. Where did they "get" you ?

IansBAJ
03-07-12, 10:01 PM
Speed cameras still workin in intersections. Where did they "get" you ?
56th st and Chandler speeding up for a yellow light. Stang looked good even in the crappy city camera. :veryhappy: