PDA

View Full Version : Saleen series VI supercharger questions

IansBAJ
01-27-12, 11:47 AM
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/pts/2818508287.html

How much would it take to install this? Would my regular predator tuner work to reprogram my ECM or do I need to send that to Saleen no matter what?

trucker
01-27-12, 12:33 PM
it is a all day project to install this and maybe part of the next day and then you may have to put the duel pumps in also
as far as a tune its your choice on what you do

IansBAJ
01-27-12, 02:07 PM
Sounds pricey.... So if I had a shop put it in it would be like 12 hours of labor. I figured I would need the pumps with those injectors. I don't know. Seems like I'm going to get myself into something I won't be able to afford.

Blackmagic1
01-27-12, 06:19 PM
A REAL gamble, with this motor(3v.no forged parts). I kicked this around ALOT. Hmm.. Edelebrock,Saleen,Whipple,KB...some have had no problems,some not. Throw a "Super" on it..But then ,hmm, will the clutch stand up? how long ?If you do, now it makes more power quicker,cars faster...but, now will brake system keep up? Lots to think about.....

Brianpnaz70
01-27-12, 07:59 PM
Hey guys let me clear a few things up. Its about 6 hrs or less to do this job. Maybe if your a city worker 8 to 12 hrs. Dont be afraid to do this job yourself. ITS REALLY EASY! For a fuel pump, ill throw in a kenne bell boost a pump. Problem solved. your tuner can be sent to brenspeed for a kick ass custom tune on the cheap. Your motor is fine untill u run alot boost at it. 4-6 lbs aint **it. Thats why this is the best kit on the market.

Brianpnaz70
01-27-12, 08:13 PM
Im a 41 year old firefighter with more time than money. Hence i dont pay people to work on my car for stuff i can do myself. 85 - 100 plus a hour. Give me a ***king break. If u can pull ur front bumper off, change spark plugs, work with a few wrenches and sockets, u got this. ITS CAVEMAN proof. I find it fun to learn new stuff on my stang. When the weather is great like this who doesnt want knock out a few projects. Anyways, this motor has no problems with this 4-6 of boost. And at this power level.

SloSVO
01-27-12, 11:20 PM
A REAL gamble, with this motor(3v.no forged parts). I kicked this around ALOT. Hmm.. Edelebrock,Saleen,Whipple,KB...some have had no problems,some not. Throw a "Super" on it..But then ,hmm, will the clutch stand up? how long ?If you do, now it makes more power quicker,cars faster...but, now will brake system keep up? Lots to think about.....

no gamble.. just play it safe and you'll be fine.. I had a friend that had this blower with no issues on the stock clutch.. 7 pounds of boost car ran great...this blower and the edelbrock blower share the same engineering crew/mind set.. once you start getting into the 450 ish is when your rods turn into bananas...right Trucker?

IansBAJ
01-28-12, 01:34 AM
looks like the jig is up he found me. Slo I think yer right if I don't go crazy putting smaller pulleys and stuff it should be fine. My car is auto is there anything that I might need to change there?

SloSVO
01-28-12, 08:57 AM
if you want a lil more performance out of the car.. a stall converter... but as far as " YOU HAVE TO DO"... nothing...

PapaVolume
01-28-12, 09:19 AM
What are your ultimate goals for the car?

trucker
01-28-12, 12:25 PM
it was up in the 470 range when I made a banana rod lol if you just put it on and don't go crazy it will be just fine
you will love it and as fas as a auto np I run 3.73 rear and it really doesn't need more it will roast the tires right off

Brianpnaz70
01-28-12, 02:07 PM
Im the owner of this set up. I had it in 2005 that had 410 gears,ford shorty headers, bassani cat back, stock mid pipe with factory cats. Car made 410 rwhp and 420 rwtq on a 91 degree day. I did this thru steeda cold air intake, and factory intake tube. I changed the intake to the saleen intake tube and felt a more power for sure.

IansBAJ
02-02-12, 01:58 PM
I have 4.10s right now so I guess ill have to go easy on the accelerator but as far as what I want to do with the car. I just want a decent supercharger that I won't need to pour money into it because my wife and I are trying to have a baby and we are both going to school plus I have a slight mod addiction(still in the denial stage). I would like to know Brian why you took off the supercharger?

Brianpnaz70
02-02-12, 06:54 PM
I simply took the supercharger off to help fund a race car that i put money down on 2 weeks ago. I roadraced motorcycles all my 20's.And always wanted to get back racing again. I came across a 2001 Mustang Gt full on roadracer that i couldnt pass up. I need to part with a few items to get there. So im selling this supercharger and My 2001 Steeda #5 convertible to get there.

03cobrazzz
02-03-12, 07:28 AM
I simply took the supercharger off to help fund a race car that i put money down on 2 weeks ago. I roadraced motorcycles all my 20's.And always wanted to get back racing again. I came across a 2001 Mustang Gt full on roadracer that i couldnt pass up. I need to part with a few items to get there. So im selling this supercharger and My 2001 Steeda #5 convertible to get there.
i did have a whipple on my car and 495hp and no problems you keepit under 450 you be fine and its an all day job when you do it nice but it is easy to do. you do want to upgrade your clutch after a while its not made to hold up to tis power level just experienced that running a 450 hp setup on a 60k clutch its slipping when you go into it this is a good buy for the price ask