PDA

View Full Version : Woodward Dream Cruise 2011

CValentino289
08-23-11, 05:04 PM
For those that aren't on Facebook, here is a link to the pictures I took while I was at the Woodward Dream Cruise in Detroit. I would suggest that you should experience this show in person at least once.

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/shelbee350/Woodward%20Dream%20Cruise%202011/

Chris

JoeT
08-23-11, 09:05 PM
Humm Phoenix to Michigan. Probably not in my immediate future. I was born and raised in Michigan, never go there now.
Sweet photos though!

Jacostang
08-23-11, 10:15 PM
Wow, cool didnt know you were going! Thanks! Mustang Alley someday!

svtrichie
08-24-11, 08:29 AM
Woodward cruise is fun but more exciting is cruising woodward the week before at night. You can actually cruise and have a little fun stoplight to stoplight. Events like this make me miss home!!

CValentino289
08-25-11, 01:12 PM
Mustang Alley had about 700 Mustangs sitting there alone. And those were just the ones registered. The pictures I took range from Wednesday the 17th till the 20th. They are in chronoligical order. The last couple of pics were when a storm blew through with like 40+ mph winds and a tree came down on a power line and started a grass fire. A Chevelle was parked near it but they were able to move it. A 67 Camaro had a huge tree limb come down on top of it and put a hole in the convertible top and bent the rear bumper. Reminded me of Russo and Steele a little bit. Overall it was a great time. My dad is thinking about shipping his Duster there to have for the cruise or we would drive his 08 GT to Michigan. He doesn't quite know yet. One thing for sure is the Shelby wouldn't be going

rsnider
09-07-11, 10:41 AM
Going to the Dream Cruise has been on my Bucket List for a long time. I finally made it this year. I ran the math and it would have cost me X3 to drive... so I flew into DTW and stayed with my brother in Dearborn. The weatherman kept saying the storm was coming so we bailed out around 3pm just missing the storm. Driving home down Telegraph I saw multiple roadsters and convertibles driving in the rain. It was heartbreaking.

I started taking pictures then simply got overwhelmed after 100 or so. I did however get pics of some of the really cool Mustangs in the Ford Display (retractable hardtop and all carbon fiber body for example).

I've tried to tell people how big that cruise is and I'm not able to get the point across. 19 miles of Woodward Ave, eight cities, 40 THOUSAND hot rods and a million people!!!!! It's mind numbing hot rod overload.