PDA

View Full Version : Any 2010 GT's with Prochargers?

BL00DSH0T
08-18-11, 09:51 AM
Thinking about getting a SC in Jan-Feb. I don't have a power goal and don't want to make a crazy amount of power.
But I do want a kit that is upgradeable just incase I do go crazy.
I like the Procharger kit but haven't seen too many installs or post on various forums about it. One I did read had alot of issues, tuning being one.
I also seen that some tuners don't like to tune the SC's like the Procharger.

Anyone have this kit on a 2010GT or know of a write-up I can get a link too?
Or is there any tuners here that have experience tuning the procharger?
The only weird thing I saw on the Procharger kit was the MAF in the IC. Other then that I don't see why others wont tuner for it.

I was planning on getting the Stage II Tuner kit with the D1. I planned on the FRPP GT500 fuel pumps, 60lb injectors and have it tuned with my SCT.
Looking to keep it under 450whp for saftey as this is my daily driver.

I don't plan on racing much, I might take a few passes down the 1/4mile in stock forum. I like the Procharger for the type of power it makes, the sound of the SC and the bypass valve. :biglaugh:

InTheClubNow
08-18-11, 03:16 PM
WillBill from PSR. he's the man i would recommend hands down for anything performance related

billyboss
08-18-11, 03:57 PM
Check out Brenspeed, and I highly recomend a twin screw/ roots style over centrifigul, have had both, centrifigul might make more power, but is more like a turbo, these cars are heavy, go for TORQUE, IMO

SloSVO
08-18-11, 04:25 PM
Turbo>twinscrew>centri

krazyazian
08-18-11, 11:28 PM
With your goals you stated I'd look into the twin screw. I have had both and prefer the street manners of the TS/Roots. Billyboss is dead on about the weight issue too!

BL00DSH0T
08-19-11, 07:06 AM
I have seen many recommend a twin scew over a centri. What details in my goals would make a twin screw better?
I have had a few turbo cars, but no sc's yet. IMO the Mustang has more then enough torque as is.
But a twin screw is not out of the running I'm still researching daily on all the sc's available. I just see the instant torque of the twinscrew to be more of a gimic then useful especially for my needs/goals.

BurnTire
08-19-11, 09:58 AM
Twinscrew is instant power. No gimic having full boost at a lower RPM with a ton of torque.

BL00DSH0T
08-19-11, 10:26 AM
Twinscrew is instant power. No gimic having full boost at a lower RPM with a ton of torque.

IMO it is a gimic when all that power is only good for roasting tires...:snicker:

But I will definately consider them n my research.

BurnTire
08-19-11, 10:49 AM
You can roast the tires stock. Roasting the tires is a tire / suspension issue not a blower issue. I can take you for a ride in my gimic twin screw car if you have the courage. Lol

BL00DSH0T
08-19-11, 12:52 PM
You can roast the tires stock. Roasting the tires is a tire / suspension issue not a blower issue. I can take you for a ride in my gimic twin screw car if you have the courage. Lol

Well I would like to compare the centri to a twinscrew.
I understand what you are saying but I just think having all of that extra torque down low is not going to do much but roast tires easily.
I have no intentions on running slicks and having a wild suspension to use that extra torque. So with my goals I have been leaning toward the centri.

I have been in some wild cars before and never has the car scared me, it has always been the drivers...:wink1:

BurnTire
08-19-11, 01:00 PM
You can hook up pretty well with drag radials.
There are a few local members 05+ GT's with Whipple's on them that could give you more info. Casey39er and 03cobrazzz.

trucker
08-19-11, 06:57 PM
I hook up just fine with my drag radials and my twin screw edelbrock
unless of course you just want a super charger starter kit

BL00DSH0T
08-19-11, 07:28 PM
Yeah I just dont see the need for the extra torque down low and drag radials right now, but who knows I may need up with a Whipple.
Right now I'm content on the Procharger.

You ever at the pavillions? I think I saw your car a year ago, but don't remember the SC.
I went couple of weeks ago.

BurnTire
08-19-11, 10:14 PM
You are going to blow the tires off with the procharger unless you run 1lb of boost. :biglaugh:

trucker
08-20-11, 01:18 AM
yes it was about 6months ago when I last went to the pavillions and I have had the super charger on my car for about 2 years now
you just don't notice the edelbrock as much with the runners on top and the charger on the bottom
do you need boost to blow the tires off your car?????????????????????

IMSHAKN
08-20-11, 01:23 AM
Drag radials and a twin screw, then be done with it. Unless of course we are talking about adding slicks or a turbo to the mix. :bounce:

BL00DSH0T
08-20-11, 09:18 PM
I started the research on the Ford Racing Whipple and think that will be the one I will get. Had all day to think about it while I cleaned the garage and did an oil change.

Thanks for the replies, everything made sense. I just hope I can control my heavy right foot when the time comes.

Herb

BurnTire
08-20-11, 10:47 PM
You will be happy with the Whipple.