PDA

View Full Version : Guns...places to shoot??

mustangvsix
07-19-11, 11:13 PM
So I am new to the valley but old to the flagstaff area. Up there you drive 5 mins and you are somewhere you can shoot. Where do you guys usually go down here in the valley?

Gun ranges? Out to the desert somewhere? Just looking for some good spots to get out and blow through some rounds.

mntony
07-20-11, 11:46 AM
I just saw a sign for Shooters World that just opened at Cactus and the 101. I believe that they have an indoor range there. Out near Lake Pleasant there used to be an outdoor range. And I'm a fan of desert shooting myself (usually against a mountain). I don't know the legality of that and I'm pretty careful to leave the desert the way I found it (don't leave broken bottles or shoot any native plants or animals).

IansBAJ
07-20-11, 03:24 PM
San tan mountains and Sugarloaf area are some good desert places to go.

AZSonicSnake
07-20-11, 05:15 PM
i have been going out to table mesa road for years. just be sure to stay in the designated areas and bring garbage bags to clean up your area. i also go as far as cleaning up the brass when i leave. they had shut table mesa down not too long ago since it was turning into a garbage pit, but it is opened back up. thus why you need to really be good about cleaning up after yourself.

JoeT
07-20-11, 05:50 PM
Good list. CLICK HERE (http://www.wheretoshoot.org)

mustangvsix
07-20-11, 10:34 PM
I will have to check some of these places out. And I always pick up my spent shells/brass. Only thing that stays out there after being shot is target clays, but they are bio-degradable, lol.

guess I am still newer to the area but where is:

Table mesa
Sugarloaf
and I guess the san tan mountains area is south of chandler...near san tan valley?

Mr. Austin
07-21-11, 01:39 AM
Ben Avery. Bring your own weapons.

AZSonicSnake
07-21-11, 11:21 AM
here is the google maps for table mesa road. you basically make a left, and then a right and it puts you on a dirt road. drive a mile or so and you'll start seeing shooting spots.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

er... that didn't work. punch this into google maps and it will get ya there...

Table Mesa Road, New River, AZ