PDA

View Full Version : Bought a 2010 Mustang GT today!

JoeT
06-24-11, 01:11 AM
Ive been hunting and hunting for a 2011-2012 5.0 GT.
None were in automatics and I have bad knees and cant do the clutch anymore.
I also wanted leather, most in my price range we cloth and no power seats.
Just a little out of my price range still. Probably another year. I also want to see what the deal is with the 2013 Mustang.

Also there are very few 5.0 GT's available unless you want a V6 which didn't interest me, although the MCA V6 is pretty nice but still only a V6. Maybe someday Ill get past that, but for now I gotta have a V8!

I got a smoking deal and got good money for my 2006 GT with 53000 miles and got a 2010 with 14000 miles. Love the ambient lighting, love the Microsoft Sync and bluetooth. Ride quality is 100% better than my 2006. For those that know my issues NO MORE CLUNKING!!! :bounce:

I'm pretty happy looking forward to the cruise to Prescott this weekend.

I was able to keep my tires and rims I just paid 1500 bucks for less than 3 months ago so that was a bonus. The dealership fought pretty hard to keep them, but I said Id walk so they buckled.

The advantage of not really needing another car is the ability to walk away. The dealership knew it and I knew it.

I'm digging the new toy!

The first one is with the Ford Racing 5 spokes, I like them a lot better than the ones they had on the car.

billyboss
06-24-11, 08:00 AM
very nice looking, felt like I had to give my 06 away, congrats

Indy
06-24-11, 10:24 AM
Thats a great looking stang, CONGRATS!!!

silvrsvt
06-24-11, 11:20 AM
Nice car! just out of curiosity did you look at this car?

http://www.chapmandodge.com/Phoenix-Used-Cars-2011-Ford-Mustang-1J0223A.htm

its leather and auto and a 5.0

IansBAJ
06-24-11, 01:16 PM
thats a badass car I wish I could trade in!

Wades GT
06-24-11, 01:17 PM
Congrats Joe!!!! If i was going to get a 10-11 I would have picked the same color. I was actually thinking about getting one then i was able to find a bunch of parts to mod my 07 for cheap. I can't wait to see it tomorow.

Rick Shopmier
06-24-11, 03:45 PM
The car looks great! You seem to move in and out of Mustangs at a fast rate...you know you can put gas in at "E" rather than trade cars ,,,lol. Enjoy the ride!

05mustangman
06-24-11, 04:55 PM
Great looking car Joe! Great color.

And wade of course you would get that color. Lol

JoeT
06-24-11, 05:46 PM
Nice car! just out of curiosity did you look at this car?

http://www.chapmandodge.com/Phoenix-Used-Cars-2011-Ford-Mustang-1J0223A.htm

its leather and auto and a 5.0

Yes I looked and drove this car. I did not like the Race Red with the Saddle interior, just looked to orange for me all the way around. Also they glued the tail light darkout plastic over the rear lenses and the front dark out was glued as well. Not a bad car just felt hiddenly abused, made me nervous and I just didn't like the color combo.

One of the main reasons I like the Mustang is because of Eleanor, so I will always lean towards gray, besides Wade likes gray to so 2 great minds think alike! :highfive: I also like black but we have a black Mercedes now, Im starting to dislike black a little more now since the black shows every single thing!

Dammit Rick your telling my secrets, ya mean your suppose to put gas in em??! Spent this morning trying to add the spacers I bought from you to the 2010 they wont fit, although the 2010 is similar to all the S197's the rear hub is different and wouldn't fit.

Ive always been afraid of Earnhardt dealerships, I heard some big time horror stories over the years, but I gotta tell ya they treated me excellent. They pretty much gave me every single thing I asked for. They gave me nearly 17k for my trade, let me keep my tires and rims, and Im pulling my Pioneer head unit and Amp out Monday. I pulled the SCT Tune out of the 06 Trade in today and added it to the 2010! Now that's much better! :pepper:

Im ready for Prescott this weekend, I truly am not a fan of Phoenix right now. It seems as I get older I hate the heat more and more, the good thing is we are heading to our house in Heber this coming Wednesday and I'm gone until July 10th! This is the one time in the year we stay in the cool mountains for this long! It also gives the newer Mustang a break from the heat.

Cant wait to the Prescott cruise, hope lots go!

05mustangman
06-24-11, 07:32 PM
hey Joe better be careful when you go up to Heber. I just heard last night a fire starting up around Heber - Overgaard. dont know any other details about it though.

Jacostang
06-24-11, 08:42 PM
Congrats Joe, very nice car!

trucker
06-24-11, 09:31 PM
nice car Joe hope you enjoy this one even better then the last one
have fun on the cruise tomorrow got a clutch job to do can't go

05mustangman
06-24-11, 10:41 PM
nice car Joe hope you enjoy this one even better then the last one
have fun on the cruise tomorrow got a clutch job to do can't go

Worst! on whos car? you should just do the clutch job on sunday.

JoeT
06-26-11, 11:29 AM
hey Joe better be careful when you go up to Heber. I just heard last night a fire starting up around Heber - Overgaard. dont know any other details about it though.

Ya theres suppose to be one near Snowflake, burned some power lines to Heber/Overgaard, so they are without power now. My brother in law lives in Overgaard so I stay pretty up to date. Although if our house burned Id be sad, its really worth more in insurance than I could sell it for. I hear they got the one in Snowflake contained.

Good watching out Tyler thanks!

IansBAJ
06-27-11, 10:28 AM
If you like black and like the eleanor look you should get stripes! Then we could be stripe twins!

JoeT
06-27-11, 03:44 PM
I might go for stripes just not sure what I want out of this car yet. I spent a lot of time and energy on my 06 and traded it in 4 months after buying it. So far so good with the 2010, it definitely needs suspension if I wanna do Yarnell right, when we went there this past weekend it struggled in the curves a little, once I turned Traction control off it did a lot better! I always forget to turn that off. Im sort of in a holding pattern right now, the weathers a little warm for me and with the utility bill on the rise I'm holding off on spending much for now. Im debating the shaker hood scoop, but I'm not sure what I wanna do right now. The car feels new, smells new so I'm probably going to enjoy that for awhile first. I kept my Ford Racing wheels so that's about the only mod I have currently. I'm also digging Sync. The ride quality of my 2010 is leaps ahead of the 2006.

66Pony
06-27-11, 07:27 PM
Sweet looking ride Joe! I am about to pull the trigger on a 2012 V6. I struggled with the V6-V8 thing but in the end figured the V6 is plenty with the bonus of better mileage and HP about equal to a 2010 V8. Plus its about 5K less! It would have to be ordered to get all the stuff I want and Berge seems to be treating me pretty well right now with the club discount and the Ford rebates. I'm shooting for the performance package and the MCA trim in Performance White or Ingot Silver. In the end I already have 2012 V8 power in my 66 coupe with a 347!

What's this about a cruise to Prescott this weekend?

JoeT
06-27-11, 09:40 PM
Sweet looking ride Joe! I am about to pull the trigger on a 2012 V6. I struggled with the V6-V8 thing but in the end figured the V6 is plenty with the bonus of better mileage and HP about equal to a 2010 V8. Plus its about 5K less! It would have to be ordered to get all the stuff I want and Berge seems to be treating me pretty well right now with the club discount and the Ford rebates. I'm shooting for the performance package and the MCA trim in Performance White or Ingot Silver. In the end I already have 2012 V8 power in my 66 coupe with a 347!
What's this about a cruise to Prescott this weekend?

You missed the cruise it was this past Saturday. It was ok a little hotter than I thought it would be.
I thought about the MCA V6 but as I mentioned I cant get past it not having a V8. If I gotta pay for my toy I want it to be a V8. You've got one so you already have that covered.

This 2010 is just a stepping stone. I will have a 2011 or 2012 5.0 in the next 2 years. Id like to see what happens with the 2013 see if its worth going after. The 2006 was cool, I just had a thunking sound that was driving me insane. :snicker:

Ingot Silver was my second choice. But I liked the 2010 Sterling Gray since it is no longer available from Ford. I don't know why its a beautiful color in my opinion, pictures flat out don't do it justice.

66Pony
06-27-11, 10:58 PM
The V6 is going to be my daily driver and the 66 will remain my weekend toy. What have you heard about 2013? I assume no big model changes until 2014 at the earliest if Ford sticks to the 5 year cycle of 2005-2009. I need to see a few more cars before deciding on the final color.

JoeT
06-28-11, 09:13 AM
Might not be anything different with 2013 but its the way I convince myself that I gotta wait to buy another car! If I was a billionaire Id have 100's of cars! Cant get enough!

Jacostang
06-28-11, 11:32 PM
Pretty sure the next thing is the "The Big one Goose" the 50th Anniversary and a new look for sure but the 2013 Shelby that has popping up in Germany at the ring looks to be around 650HP Turbo Charged monster... Thinking the return of the SVO might just be around the corner... The only thing left to do to the Pace car is Bilstein shocks and struts and some springs then the wheels and tires go on I hope before Route 66 because I really want to push it on the switch backs..

JoeT
06-29-11, 01:51 AM
Im looking forward to your input regarding the Bilstein set up, from what Ive heard, people say this is what Ford should have done in the first place, suppose to be better than Ford Racing or any of the aftermarket stuff. Ive even read its a night and day difference for ride quality especially for more Daily driver type cars and occasional track/twisties.

What springs you going to go with? I know Bilstein makes a set up for the Mustang.

05mustangman
06-29-11, 10:16 AM
Totally agree with the stock shocks. looking at the stock ones on the shelby and they a complete junk design. the eibach pro coil overs will be the next suspension mod. plus that also gives more room for the wheels we will be putting on. the stock shocks make it very hard to put on bigger tires ie: 275/35/20.

05mustangman
06-29-11, 10:18 AM
Pretty sure the next thing is the "The Big one Goose" the 50th Anniversary and a new look for sure but the 2013 Shelby that has popping up in Germany at the ring looks to be around 650HP Turbo Charged monster... Thinking the return of the SVO might just be around the corner... The only thing left to do to the Pace car is Bilstein shocks and struts and some springs then the wheels and tires go on I hope before Route 66 because I really want to push it on the switch backs..

it might make sense that shelby wants to bring out the baddest shelby yet in 2013 cause theres also alot of rumors that the gt500 will be done after the 2013 model.

JoeT
06-29-11, 03:33 PM
I wont be able to afford a Shelby. Even if I could since they don't currently make an automatic Shelby Id still be out of getting one.

05mustangman
06-29-11, 04:21 PM
oh no i was talking about the shocks and stuff. dave was looking into getting new shocks and i totally agree with getting new ones. cause i think the stock ones are the worst design i have seen. any aftermarket ones should be a lot better. i havent really seen too much about the bilstein shocks.

trucker
06-29-11, 06:39 PM
look under your lightning thats what came on it, they are on mine

4Jenna
06-29-11, 08:59 PM
Awesome, Congrats man!!

-Chris

Blackmagic1
06-29-11, 10:59 PM
it might make sense that shelby wants to bring out the baddest shelby yet in 2013 cause theres also alot of rumors that the gt500 will be done after the 2013 model.Hmmmm....If the GT500 will be done after 2013, I cant see Ford spending all the money on engineering a Turbo setup. Just a blower change(KB or Whipple) will easily give 650HP. (Especially if Shelby is offering the Super Snake with 800HP)

IansBAJ
06-30-11, 12:05 PM
Looks like a good time to do a baseline dyno. Maybe we will have a dyno day soon????? :)

Blackmagic1
06-30-11, 10:57 PM
Looks like a good time to do a baseline dyno. Maybe we will have a dyno day soon????? :)In this HEAT ??:biglaugh::astonished:

IansBAJ
07-01-11, 09:47 AM
Well to get the ball rolling now we will have it all set up by October sometime.

trucker
07-01-11, 04:26 PM
we can set this up anytime it's just alittle hot right now
I talked with Marty just need about a three week notice and
we will set aside a weekend day to hold a dyno day
you need min of 5 people and there will be a good price break
enuff so everyone can afford it

silvrsvt
07-02-11, 10:26 AM
I would bring atleast 2 cars depending on the day!