PDA

View Full Version : Fabulous Fords Forever? Knott's so much?

Jacostang
06-05-11, 10:05 AM
I have been following some info about the Fab Fords Show at Knott's Berry Farm... Apparently the clubs that run the show are, eh, having issues among themselves. This is not new but appears to be boiling over.

Quote from Jon Schultz... "I have been on the Knott's Fab Ford show committee for over 15 years. Thankfully, I missed this one. Political in fighting, dictorial implosion, and a letter that you have to read to believe. The way I heard from several others, the whole room was divided, and our partner Ford had no idea what to do (FYI to those who wish to promote car shows- if you are ever graced with Ford as a sponsor....where they actually attend your meetings... my suggestion would be not to fight with each other while Ford is in the room.e all there in the room hopefully the show can go on and be successful in spite of itself. However, it is hard to see the show slowly dying or at the least, becoming irrelevant"

Jon is the president of Beach Cities Mustang Club "Queen Mary Show".

Funny how this is exactly like what has happened here in the valley... For those who know me know exactly what I'm talking about... They say they want younger folks taking over and bringing new ideas in but will never let that strangle hold they have go... When money becomes more important than everything else in a club, well that's a lose / lose situation....

A few years back I made the suggestion to sponsor the "Hositality Suite" Saturday night at the Fab Fords hotel, it went from about 10 people sitting on a couch to well over 100 laughing, talking and meeting new friends. It was too much for the old guard, they wanted quiet "Us Only" type atmosphere and they got it.. The show was way down this year.. It wasn't because of the non existent hospitality suite, as you can see the attitudes are effecting the whole experience...

Food for thought folks....

Rick Shopmier
06-05-11, 11:32 AM
There is definitly something to be said about the same-ol becomming boring. There needs to be a rotation of leadership or the club takes on the personality of those in the charge. I have found myself looking for different venues, like the C&C yesterday, Pavillions last Sat. and the Wickenburg run a couple of weeks ago. I find going to the same cruises and shows just becomes a snoozer. I have endured two clubs having dramatic transitions, not again. The Fab Fords thing is an indication of how people are getting hostile if they don't get their way or worse yet thinking they have ownership of the club and its assets. If you aint havin fun, time to move on, ima lookin. My take.

05mustangman
06-05-11, 05:46 PM
Rick i share the same opinion as you!

And dave i had no idea that was going on with Fab Fords. Very interesting. I was out there and just happen to run into about 4 or 5 Copperstate cars on the freeway heading to knotts. I did not attend the show and glad i didnt. I have heard the same thing from a few people about the attendance being way down. It was a great show last year the only thing i think they Should do is possibly give awards for each class they got set up. They charge alot to get into the show and I think that would attract even more people with the possiblity of getting an award. But rain might have played a factor this year too cause it was raining all weekend out there. But the hostility thing is surprising. Especially with Ford in attendance. They need to get their act together in that situation.

WildBill
06-08-11, 12:32 PM
Pretty silly, but it happens all to often. It's the biggest reason I stopped showing Louise and went to racing her many years ago.

IMSHAKN
06-09-11, 01:50 AM
Pretty silly, but it happens all to often. It's the biggest reason I stopped showing Louise and went to racing her many years ago.

Is that also the same reason why she's been in a coma for so long? :slaphappy:

WildBill
06-09-11, 10:22 AM
No......Pride and not making up my mind.

RockysMom
06-10-11, 09:59 AM
:hide1::hide1::hide1:I agree Dave X1million