PDA

View Full Version : Question about my '02 GT,

JustaGT
04-28-11, 11:14 PM
After leaving sh*tty ass California with all of it's stupid laws concerning cars I'm just curious to know what I have to worry about when it comes time to smog my car out here as far as exhaust and visual inspections go. I am currently running an O/R Mac Pro Chamber and single chamber Flows dumped, I know my CAI and Timing Adjuster were issues when it came down to the visual. Thanks in advance.

BurnTire
04-28-11, 11:44 PM
They just plug-in and check for codes. No visual inspection.

JustaGT
04-29-11, 12:33 AM
Good then I could go ahead with some LT's.

AZSonicSnake
04-29-11, 12:35 AM
yup. just plug in and also they check your gas cap. my egr block off plate is never even seen. :rotflol: :mrgreen:

JustaGT
04-29-11, 01:52 AM
Sweet!

WildBill
04-29-11, 11:27 AM
Headers sound sweet, but if you're installing them for HP and not making at least 650 or so now, you need to know that you're no going to get a large HP increase.

If you're doing it for the sound..........GO FOR IT!

JustaGT
04-29-11, 11:45 AM
I'm doing it because I'll have some money to blow plus I've always wanted LT's for the sound 1st and gains 2nd. After this motor is done I'll be looking to throw in a Coyote anyway. I've been satisfied how this car has been for the past 125K miles for being a dd but I've waited a long time to start being able to mod it again and LT's and a stall convertor are in the top of my list.

WildBill
04-29-11, 12:50 PM
I'm doing it because I'll have some money to blow plus I've always wanted LT's for the sound 1st and gains 2nd. After this motor is done I'll be looking to throw in a Coyote anyway. I've been satisfied how this car has been for the past 125K miles for being a dd but I've waited a long time to start being able to mod it again and LT's and a stall convertor are in the top of my list.

Sounds like a PLAN!:pepper::pepper::pepper: