PDA

View Full Version : UD Pullies....are they usefull in az?

Tac2cul
11-05-06, 12:49 PM
Here in az we all know the heat gets up there...

so my question is who runs em and does your stang get hotter then normal running them?

bluepony
11-05-06, 06:08 PM
Here in az we all know the heat gets up there...

so my question is who runs em and does your stang get hotter then normal running them?

IMHO, if you think that you might use a blower on day do not buy underdrives.

Tac2cul
11-05-06, 06:24 PM
IMHO, if you think that you might use a blower on day do not buy underdrives.

yup ive read dat

thanks for the info.....im deff going supercharger sometime...just dont know when....

so this answers my question

it was more of a general one really as i was just wondering

bluepony
11-06-06, 08:32 AM
yup ive read dat

thanks for the info.....im deff going supercharger sometime...just dont know when....

so this answers my question

it was more of a general one really as i was just wondering

I've run into a few people lately that added blowers, and it turns out the underdrives they had were a PITB and a waste of money.

ReaperAZ
11-06-06, 09:02 AM
Stay far away from them if you plan on going blown. I was one of the ones bluepony is talking about. Biggest waste of money, the only good thing about it was I bought the car used so I didn't wasted the money by buying them. But if you do decided to do it while you are n/a, hang onto your stock pulleys. That crank pulley/damper is damn expensive.

Ruckus46gt
09-21-07, 09:55 PM
not worth the money. I put them on my car just cause i got them used from a guy who bought a blower. They only had 2k miles on them. Look for a low mile used set if your going to do them

gip99gt
10-15-07, 05:07 PM
I had no problems with my Steeda UDP's on my 99GT. I live in Texas and it gets hot here too.

Graham
10-16-07, 11:39 AM
I put my UDP's on in MN but have been down here for a while and I havn't had any trouble