PDA

View Full Version : Detail shop

scooter3
02-21-11, 11:36 PM
I am looking for a good and reasonable detail shop. Some place in Peoria if possible. Need to get the wife's 04 Explorer done. Inside and outside.

Gene
02-26-11, 02:52 PM
I am looking for a good and reasonable detail shop. Some place in Peoria if possible. Need to get the wife's 04 Explorer done. Inside and outside.

How much are you looking to spend? The good jobs will run you 100 or more for inside and out. Are there a lot of stains, oxidation or scratches? I do it on the side, that's why I ask

WildBill
03-01-11, 09:46 AM
It just depends on the level you want to take the paint and it's beginning condition.
I don't use glazes for the most part...............haven't used any for over 2 years. I correct the paint first, then seal it.

I'm not cheap, but very through and too dang anal for my own good. LOL!

scooter3
03-01-11, 04:50 PM
Thanks guys, but I found a place and have it set up for Saturday. The inside is really bad, 6 years of kids spilling stuff and just general wear and tear. Leather seats need to be cleaned and buffed. Outside has paint overspray from her old job so it needs to be clay bared and it needs a good buffing. I have a DA polisher, but this is more work then I want to spend my weekend on.