PDA

View Full Version : So many effing flakes in this state!!!

OH3MGSVT
02-11-11, 06:45 PM
Okay, today is the straw the broke the camels back! Ive been selling my car for I dont know how long now but as of recent ive had many people express interest in it, about 10 or so have actually come to look at it/test drive it and usualyl after that its the same story (im going to check out other ones and let you know what happens) after that I usually never hear from them again, Almost all of them promise they have the money and they want to buy it and blah blah blah but they are just full of SH**.

Im so sick of people wasting MY time and MY gas, if you have no intention on buying it then move the f*** along, im not here to give people joy rides in my DAILY DRIVER. How do you guys sell cars, and filter out the tire kickers out there? Im about to say in my ad to show proof of funds before taking it for a test drive. Its excuse after excuse with people when I contact them asking if they are interested or not, or they will flat out avoid me. Is there anyone else that has had these experiences or is it just me? My car cant be THAT bad for 10+ people not to buy it because (insert reason here)

/end rant

svtrichie
02-11-11, 06:56 PM
that sucks. Never had that happen to me, every car that I have sold was either to the first or second person that looked at it.

OH3MGSVT
02-11-11, 07:40 PM
Yeah I wish that would happen to me! This is the first time trying to sell my car, and let me tell you, its probably the last time im selling a car because its been nothing but disappointment so far. I guess if I pay it down another grand it will be more affordable

Rev'n Kevin
02-11-11, 08:43 PM
I looked at about 20 cars before I bought my '98 Cobra. It's a buyers market out there right now, lot's of deals, bargains, so for buyers it can be great for finding that "just to good to be true" deal of the day, lol. On the other hand it can suck for the seller and make you feel as if everyone is kicking tires. I got my Cobra for 66% of book because I shopped around, knew what I was looking for, and the means to make the deal. So hang in there bud, you,ll get it sold, just takes the right buyer to come along.

Don't know what outlet your using to sell it, I tried here, craigslist and a few other places to sell my V6 Stroker and got a lot of what your going through, and nobody wants to give you what you want or what it's worth I finally started looking for something cool that I wanted, and ended up trading it to a custom shop in Colo. for a custom drag and show bike, worth a little more than what I had in the car, lol, oh ya I scored again! Sorry no pictures yet, have a few things to do to it first.

trucker
02-11-11, 09:45 PM
hey kevin is up where all the flakes are now LoL snow and other wise

05mustangman
02-11-11, 11:04 PM
Alex sorry to hear you having so much trouble selling your car man! I hate when people just play with you like that though. ive sold 3 cars and went through the same thing. its just frustrating when that happens.

El Jefe
02-11-11, 11:56 PM
Maybe take them for a cruise if they seemed interested enough.

silvrsvt
02-14-11, 02:56 PM
This is the exact reason why I havent listed my car for sale! I just flat out dont want to deal with it, and I sale cars for a living lol.

I have even considered sending my car through the auction.. I would take 1-2k less just to not have to mess with all the BS!

GLWS man