02-07-11, 09:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liLpiev54lA&feature=player_embedded

Blackmagic1
02-07-11, 10:00 PM
SWEEEET !! All it takes is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :drool5::pepper::pepper:

azmustang
02-07-11, 11:42 PM
2011 gt500 super snake = Lame
It looked like it needed some slicks to put down that 11.16 while the cobra had street tires.
I'd take the cobra any day over that overpriced pig but thats me.

05mustangman
02-08-11, 12:37 AM
The supersnake is just plain badass! nothing on the road compares to it. and yea it does need drag slicks cause when your pushing out over 750 hp its a little hard to get traction. the cobras putting out 550. and those didnt look like regular street tires to me. gt's pushing over 450 hp need drag slicks at the track or they wont get traction. you gotta remember that cobra probably costs a pretty penny too. so when you look at everything you get on the new supersnakes you cant beat it at all. yea it does cost a little much but still. Just get behind the wheel of one and see what you think of it then. lol how quickly it would change. Honestly i wouldnt do the supersnake upgrade though. you could just get a new blower and suspension system and your right there.

Plus the supersnake wasnt running slicks on the road course. it was running stock Goodwill eagles. thats what comes with the supersnake upgrade.

the car is BADASS.

SloSVO
02-08-11, 07:51 AM
I tell you man... for some reason the Gt500s just don't live up to their name... its like they became overpriced fat pigs.. ya they put down power but they need it to move all that mass... perfect example... Truckers legend.. has 350 less horsepower and is only .5 second slower on a drag radial and auto...also its not 75K on the pocket book... good car show cars, but suck ass on the tracks... that compare is a bit off.. I see it as comparing apples to oranges.. too different cars.... just one big shelby hype commercial..

edit.. that SS should have been faster in the quarter come to think of it... may need a driver mod.. 750hp at 4Klbs should get you into the 10's..

trucker
02-08-11, 02:41 PM
maybe I need to put a man petal in mine so I can dust off a super snake

05mustangman
02-08-11, 02:43 PM
the supersnake just needs a driver mod. as stated by slosvo the car should have been in the 10's considering regular gt500's run in the 12's stock.

azmustang
02-08-11, 06:15 PM
Just get behind the wheel of one and see what you think of it then. lol how quickly it would change
:z7shysterical: I dont think so. Just because it has 750,000,000 hp dosn't mean anything if you cant one drive and two dont race it.

the cobras putting out 550. and those didnt look like regular street tires to me. gt's pushing over 450 hp need drag slicks at the track or they wont get traction
so if the cobra had 550 hp he should of had slicks and tread on the back tire means that at the most he had some kind of drag radial but I doubt thats the case.

you gotta remember that cobra probably costs a pretty penny too
maybe for an original but a kit car is in the same ball park

SloSVO
02-08-11, 06:21 PM
but then we go with the should-a, could-a, would-a...its like my focus.. it can run 10's also.. just need put a 12 cylinder Rolls-Royce in it

I think on our next outing there should be a gt500 with a driver mod to show us what they can really do..

trucker
02-08-11, 07:49 PM
ROFLMAO
when even shelby himself said he's rather have the old cobra

05mustangman
02-08-11, 08:18 PM
ROFLMAO
when even shelby himself said he's rather have the old cobra

Maybe because shelby is old school and has been driving Cobras all his life. It would make sense why he likes them. Just cause shelby doesn't build them himself doesn't mean their any less of a shelby then any others. If that's what people think you gotta think the same about others. Does jack roush himself build roushs? No. Does Steve saleen himself build saleens? No.

03cobrazzz
02-08-11, 08:48 PM
i take the boat anny day over the cobra it fits me better tire mod and its good "small as litle toycars you only can wear on a foot"i need a diet !

05mustangman
02-08-11, 09:00 PM
Plus remember the mustang isn't some little compact car that should weigh 2,000 pounds. The power more than makes up for a little weight. Remember, were not driving civics.

SloSVO
02-08-11, 11:29 PM
Plus remember the mustang isn't some little compact car that should weigh 2,000 pounds. The power more than makes up for a little weight. Remember, were not driving civics.

this sounds like Chrysler protocol.. the challenger is a very good looking car.. but its a behemoth.. when they get compared to mustangs and camaros.. they always get slaughtered even though they have big cube big torque engines... I almost don't see them in the same catagory.. its a shame that cars are getting bigger...like in the 70s.. sometimes power can't make up for the weight.. throwing that shelby around the curves no matter the power its physics..

05mustangman
02-08-11, 11:48 PM
That is true about the chally though. Those are some big cars. Granted the shelby needs a few mods to be able to really conquer the curves but i think it handles pretty good for being a stock suspension. I personally love big cars. i think the bigger the car the better. Not in the mustang though as i think the mustang is big enough. i just hope in the future they dont really make the mustang smaller and smaller like an rx8 or something. i think the mustang is perfect in size right now as its not too big but not too small.

trucker
02-08-11, 11:48 PM
who said anything about shelby building it himself I just said what he prefered to drive
the only school we need here is you to go back to school and understand what you read
maybe a brain mod is in order here
I prefer to mod my own not buy something I enjoy working on it
and making it do what I want not hopeing that someone else did it for me and maybe it will work
bring the truck out on the 27th and lets have some fun not this BS of arguing about something stupid
you can have a good time if you just let yourself

Powerful
02-08-11, 11:52 PM
Only 128mph??? How about a real world comparison. My car made 710 to the tires. At 3921 pounds (driver included) it went 140 in the quarter all day long. Makes me wonder where they get that number 750hp.

05mustangman
02-09-11, 02:48 AM
who said anything about shelby building it himself I just said what he prefered to drive
the only school we need here is you to go back to school and understand what you read
maybe a brain mod is in order here
I prefer to mod my own not buy something I enjoy working on it
and making it do what I want not hopeing that someone else did it for me and maybe it will work
bring the truck out on the 27th and lets have some fun not this BS of arguing about something stupid
you can have a good time if you just let yourself

I dont know where you read that i actually said someone said all that. i was making a comparison if thats ok. people always say it shouldnt really be a shelby cause shelby doesnt build them himself. That was just a pretty :asshole2: statement you made. you always say that people can have their own opinions then you say i need to go back to school and get a brain mod. Are you serious? Wow. Just wow. i wasnt saying to anyone you need to learn to read or anything rude to a person. i was talking about cars and you have to say something rude like that. thats pretty low dennis. and trust me, i do have a good time until you have to say something rude and ruin fun. i was having fun talking in this thread not slamming anyone else. i dont believe i was talking crap to someone.

OUR P51
02-09-11, 12:54 PM
IMO those tires on the Cobra look like tires with less traction than the drag slicks on the SS, so the comparison wasn't exactly accurate. I'd like to see a re-test with slicks on the Cobra.
The guy driving the SS took his time shifting on the road course. With quicker shifts seems to me they could be tied time wise. I love the original Cobra for looks, power, sound and speed. The SS is a modern alternative, with Mustang Cobra looks. Impressive that it handled that well although I thought I heard some feathering of gas pedals also on the drag strip, but that's just me. If my wife was with me we'd take the SS, although it would be a convertible triple black if it was in my garage. Ladies love all creature comforts, A/C is a must for them...and it would be an '07-09 body style. Again that's just my body style preference for the '07 - '12 styling. Too bad they didn't bring the 5.0 back in '07. If it was me driving I'd take the Cobra, regardless of how long the road trip is. The topless look is all the A/C I need even in 122 degree heat, 'cause I did my time in cold places already and don't mind the heat. Oh and watch your leg getting out, those side pipes'll give ya a nasty burn. As for Dennis, he built himself a car that IMO is also bad ass. For a lot less money. The great thing about our hobby these days is you can either buy or build what ever you want.

Powerful
02-09-11, 01:50 PM
My ultimate goal is to use my 95 as a donor car for a AC Cobra one day.

03cobrazzz
02-09-11, 02:33 PM
maybe they make a bigger version of the cobra in the future too and please nobody get butthurt over statements someone makes here remember this is no smack down

SloSVO
02-09-11, 09:36 PM
Has anyone watched "love the beast".. its a really cool film.. its a doc about eric bana and his falcon.. anyway.. jay leno says something that I feel is true... there is a lot more love and respect for the car when you build it with your own hands.. as opposed to paying someone to do it...

perfect example.. I beat the shit out of the Mach.. while even though my Svo and saleen are POS's i baby them..I bought the mach the way it sits..(besides the T56). maybe it is a goodthing to not build it.. you can beat the piss out of it..lol..

azmustang
02-10-11, 06:11 PM
I have seen that movie and I think jays right, I love my mustang and I loved my rx7 before that because I worked on them. Nether of them are/were show cars or the fastest cars on the street but thats fine with me I wouldnt have it any other way. I cringed when he goes "off roading" in that falcon.