PDA

View Full Version : My Hellion 13# and 17# drag strip results

Gene
10-28-06, 08:14 PM
Well, was told when I teched in, anything faster than an 11.49 and I'm disqualified. So that being said, I couldnt turn the wick up but made a couple shake down passes. This is the 1st time I've ever been to the strip with the turbo so it was kind of learning all over again. All runs were without Nitrous. Ist off, the tune I got last night from my tuner was corrupt, this had my 2-step built in the tune. No 2-step, no boost of the line. So when I launched, it was like launching a N/A cobra at 5K RPM, then bogging LOL! But one it built boost, holy shit! 1st run, 13psi results:

60'........1.965 LOL
1/8.......7.902
MPH....97.98
1/4.....11.918
MPH....126.03

Second run, thought I had it on kill mode, but didn't turn my setting and gain up high enough.

60'........2.098 WTF!
1/8.......7.986
MPH.....102.7
1/4......11.845
MPH.....132.79

I still can't figure out why I didn't get a better ET with more mile an hour, I must have spun a little some where.
So 4 more lbs is good for another 6.76 mph:bounce: When we have the track rental, I'll put it on kill mode. This time, with the nitrous off the line and 23lbs of boost:awsome:

I'd like to thank Stage3Motorsports.com for sponsoring me to run in today's Fun Ford Weekend and I'd also like to thank Performance Solutions and On3Motorsports for their hospitality in the pits along with ice cold Gatorade (it wa hot as hell today) Also, the hat and shirts look great! Thanks again guys. Gene

50 BMG
10-28-06, 09:00 PM
I'm gonna have to have Devin teach me about Gain lol

Hey Gene, what are you doing for fuel on that 23 PSI + spray setup?

Gene
10-28-06, 09:10 PM
I'm gonna have to have Devin teach me about Gain lol

Hey Gene, what are you doing for fuel on that 23 PSI + spray setup?

I have Twin GT40 pumps and -8 line from the hat to the rails. I have a BAP and modified FPDM as well. I'm going to talk to Dan sometime next week about some fuel rails. So far, I have enough fuel to support a few bonzai blasts of 24psi. Jon Lund is my tuner and I have a nitrous tune for the initial hit. I have a hobbs switch that shuts off the nitrous one I see 10 psi of boost (I still need to hook all the shit up). I just need that intial hit to lower my 60's and I'm in business.

vicious781
10-28-06, 11:29 PM
Gene, do you have that black cobra with the big stickers on it? If so I was the dude with the camera (that I bring everywhere). Sweet car man!

Gene
10-29-06, 07:07 AM
Gene, do you have that black cobra with the big stickers on it? If so I was the dude with the camera (that I bring everywhere). Sweet car man!

I own the cobra with the stage3 decals. So you were the one with the huge telescope LOL! Wish I could have met you man. Maybe next time.

Venomous Bite
10-29-06, 09:48 AM
I don't think that the 1.9 60 is so bad without a two step, nice runs man.

vicious781
10-31-06, 02:04 AM
I own the cobra with the stage3 decals. So you were the one with the huge telescope LOL! Wish I could have met you man. Maybe next time.

Yeah that was me. I'll be out on HPS race day so we can meet then. I don't know how much I will be racing, but I will be taking lots of pics/video!

Gene
10-31-06, 07:13 AM
Yeah that was me. I'll be out on HPS race day so we can meet then. I don't know how much I will be racing, but I will be taking lots of pics/video!

Upload some pics from FFW mang!:awsome:

vicious781
10-31-06, 07:29 PM
Yeah, got to do some post-processing but its in the works. Mucho busy week, plus I have to go play army this weekend.

Dustin@On3
11-02-06, 09:49 AM
That thing is a monster, Gene!

Just wait until you git'r dialed in, your car will be stupid fast. :laughing1:

- Dustin

ASUSMC
11-02-06, 11:34 AM
Yeah, got to do some post-processing but its in the works. Mucho busy week, plus I have to go play army this weekend.

Is that Army or Marine. The Marine Corps birthday celebration for reservists happens this weekend. My roommate is a Marine and I have been trying for three years to get in

vicious781
11-02-06, 08:07 PM
Playing army. Im in the guard, but been on two deployments and probally a 3rd one soon if things keep looking how there looking. Doesn't allow me much time to be with my loved ones (cobra). One of my brother's in arms is on here too, he just bought a 97 black cobra. Maybe he will speak up.......(if he got off his lazy ass!!!!)