PDA

View Full Version : Hot wheels on the wall

svtrichie
08-29-10, 09:24 PM
Just got my new case yesterday and mounted in along with some of my old and new hot wheels in the babys room

Jacostang
08-29-10, 09:37 PM
Super cool!

4Jenna
08-29-10, 11:29 PM
Way cool!!

FalconGTHO
08-30-10, 03:22 AM
Very cool. I see many Matchbox in there also. We have a lot of the same ones just in that small selection there. Nice to see someone else that takes them out of the package. Do you save the packs? I do.

Jacostang
08-30-10, 03:27 PM
Connor and I almost always buy more than one of each just for that reason! One in the blister pack and one for the display!

FalconGTHO
08-30-10, 05:10 PM
Connor and I almost always buy more than one of each just for that reason! One in the blister pack and one for the display!

I do that occasionally if its something I deem to be a "special" model. Otherwise it gets too crowded and cuts into the fund to buy others.

I had to stop collecting in mid 03. I first started on a small scale with diecasts of all sizes and brands somewhere around 88. When I moved to AZ in 93 I had to stop. I picked back up in the fall of 96 (due to the influence of my brother, who had started collecting after I did) and stayed on it hard till mid 03.

3 weeks ago I purchased my first HWs since then. I saw a particular model on a Facebook page so I was motivated to go get it. While there, I grabbed several others. Now I have a specific list of this years models I want to get, plus w/e else I can get from last year or before. Im not in a position to get back into it full time, full swing like I was, but at some point next year I hope to. Then I have the daunting and expensive challenge of filling in the holes since 03.

I see that in 05, 06? there were a lot of stupid styles, Hardnozed, Tooned, Blings. Even though I like to be complete, when the cars get too dumb, too unrealistic, I just cant see getting them.

The ones I really want are Matchbox BECAUSE they are so realistic. But, theyre hardly ever on the shelf.

As is, since its been many years since I counted since my stuff was in storage for over 3 years and I have yet to unpack, sort, in the new house, I estimate I have around 3000 just in HW/MB alone.

Jacostang
08-30-10, 09:40 PM
Its addictive! I'm 46 and cant stop buying Hotwheels...I try to limit it just to Mustangs and Fords and recently there has been plenty especially that Ford Aussie Falcon in Yellow & Black!!

FalconGTHO
08-30-10, 11:45 PM
especially that Ford Aussie Falcon in Yellow & Black!!

Lol, crazy. Thats THE model I saw on FB that "pulled me back in". Stay alert its available in blue now. Havent seen it other than FB though. Also supposed to be in red too.

Jacostang
08-31-10, 10:37 AM
Lol, crazy. Thats THE model I saw on FB that "pulled me back in". Stay alert its available in blue now. Havent seen it other than FB though. Also supposed to be in red too.
Great! That is one of the coolest HW around...