PDA

View Full Version : Boy do I feel like an you know what.

Mr. Austin
07-19-10, 12:58 PM
Found this on criagslist,
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/pts/1850236521.html

And have been trying all morning to get a hold of him, texting, calling, email, Seem like a good deal and i know others will want it too. so after about an hour i thought i would call him one more time just to leave a voicemail. This time he picks up. you can hear him and a few others crying, so i did the only thing i could think of and asked if he still had the scoop, He then goes on to explain how he will call me i a few days because someone in his family died last night is a car wreck. I apologized and we hung up. Mom always told me if your really want something you have to try for it. Does being a dick get included? Anywho was actually curious if this was a good deal on a reproduction. if not i can use the intake canister for my 429 scoop. Thanks!

SMOKE
07-19-10, 07:53 PM
Probably the single vehicle roll-over last night out on I-10 at about milepost 95 (about 40 miles west of Phoenix). Five kids in the car, all under the age of 21 coming home from a trip to Disney Land. One girl was dead at the scene and three others will probably die or remain vegetables for the rest of their lives. Horrible crash. Lesson to be learned: If a tire blows out, don't slam on the brakes and crank the steering wheel.

Very nice hood scoop, btw!

Mr. Austin
07-19-10, 10:20 PM
I felt terrible about both the crash and me calling but i couldn just let a scoop like that go. I am watchin it close. I would love to have that on mine.I got to call the one family who would be crying...My luck.

05mustangman
07-21-10, 11:02 AM
Yea but austin how were you supposed to know that was going on? you were just calling about a product he was trying to sell. give him a call back today or tommorow.

Mr. Austin
07-21-10, 02:02 PM
I was planning on giving him a call today, so i guess we will see what happens.

Mr. Austin
07-21-10, 06:34 PM
Well i went and picked it up. He gave it for $150 as it has more issues than her remembered. rubber boot is ripped and the top fiberglass pan that actually intakes the air is warped. Looking for a good fiberglass person/shop, If any one can recommend one it would be most appreciated. The scoop itself is in great shape and i am amazed and the detail they did with fiberglass. Getting my second hood painted satin black and cant wait to see this shiny black sticking through the hood. Only problem is it make my motor look tiny now. :P will get some photo's up and asap.

P.s. the back round story on his son. It was the caravan of teens who were driving home from disney land. Blew a front tire and rolled it. He said out of the 5-6 3 are left in critical. son died on spot. He fell apart in front of me and my buddy. I felt terrible, both for him and that i was the same age with the same interests his son had. On the way home my buddy made me think positive and if he didnt want to do this he could have said no. all in all, good buy, and prayers are out to him.

RockysMom
07-25-10, 11:34 PM
I was just reading that they misidentified the two girls, What a heart wrenching ordeal for the families, You think your burying your daughter and in fact you buried the other families daughter. Its so sad, I pray for thier families.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100726/ap_on_re_us/us_victims_misidentified

05mustangman
07-26-10, 09:22 PM
HEY! dont thread jack austins thread!!!! lol. jk

But totally cool i cant wait to see the pics!!

RockysMom
07-26-10, 09:29 PM
:indifferent: Uhh ok

05mustangman
07-26-10, 09:54 PM
:sticktonge: :biggrin:

But yea i did hear about that. It definitely is sad.

Mr. Austin
07-27-10, 12:38 AM
LOl i Assume you were talking about the scoop and they miss identified their teeth. Had the samples backwards and they buried each others kid.

05mustangman
07-27-10, 11:25 PM
austin i just went back and reread that and the story. man that would be heartbreaking.