PDA

View Full Version : Cam Failed the Emissions test.

Mr. Austin
04-28-10, 03:54 PM
Went it today for emissions on the 69 and Passed the Hydrocarbons test with a 332 and it has a 450 Limit. And carbon Monoxide was 2.78 with a limit of 3.75. Thats was all loaded. At Idle It read 539 on the hydrocarbons and 8.70 carbons with a limit of 5.00. so when i asked them what would cause the major reading she said running rich and a misfire. They also said with how high the carbon was it was likely i had a misfire. I sat in the car with the lady who tested. NO misfire. Started thinking about it and when the car is at Idle that cam comes out and the computer assumes its misfiring. Get to see them tomorrow and will be turning the idle up. Anyother tips? I kept her hot so she was fully warmed up :yes:

05mustangman
04-28-10, 07:05 PM
I thought your car didnt need emissions tests done on it?

fazm
04-28-10, 07:56 PM
turn the idle up, pass the test, then turn it back down

Rev'n Kevin
04-29-10, 03:46 PM
I thought your car didnt need emissions tests done on it?

x2, isn't that car beyond the the cutoff year?

FalconGTHO
04-30-10, 01:23 AM
x2, isn't that car beyond the the cutoff year?

Nope, 67 and newer. Only exemption is carrying "Collector Insurance". But, it cant be your daily driver, theres a yearly miles limit and has to be stored/parked in an enclosed spot, etc.

SloSVO
05-02-10, 01:10 AM
you can tweak with timing also.. but there is a balance.. do you have a dual or single chamber vacuum advance?. are you sure its not rich at idle?

Mr. Austin
05-03-10, 09:50 AM
It was rich. I tuned it and turned the idle up and passed with super flying colors. DOnt have the sheet infront of me but was like a 1.50 on carbon and 250 on hyrdo at idle. Similar loaded. Also used some Sea foam to clean out the motor and my fuel system