PDA

View Full Version : Taking the GT to get tuned

azmustang
04-08-10, 09:16 PM
:biglaugh:
Well I went down to dyno-comp today in scottsdale and talked to the guys down there and decided to have them dyno-tune my stang for me tomorrow. Right now I'm only running a Roush intake and exhaust with my diablo tuner using the canned Roush 91 octane tune that came with the tuner so while it is better that stock it still feels like it could still be better. The guy I talked to was the second in command and he seemed to think they could pull about 30% more power out of my car than what I'm making with the canned tune which would be awesome but we'll see. I'll post up the results tomorrow

trucker
04-08-10, 10:41 PM
I know they do good work hope they can do your car justice

2nd2nunn
04-09-10, 12:24 AM
if they are saying that you will obtain a 30% HP increase, certainly hold them to it. from what i've seen, an S197 GT base will only yield around 270-280 (auto) and 280-290 (stick) with simply a cai and tune, while stock is 250-260 (auto) and 260-270 (stick) on a dynojet.

azmustang
04-09-10, 07:10 PM
well I got back from dyno-comp and all I can say is OMFG!:pepper:
My car before the dyno made 285 hp and 295 ft-Ibs of torque. Now after the dyno it's at 300 hp and 305 ft-Ibs of torque. It's not 30% more hp on the sheet but it feels like 30% more power on the street compared to the canned tune. I really didn't expect 30% more power so thats fine with me all I wanted was to have a good reliable tune for this summers road trips. I have to say Dyno-Comp is awesome, it really is a nice shop and everyone that works there really knows what they are doing. The person that tuned my car was the owner of the shop and he couldn't have been nicer. He and his techs seem to really enjoy their job and cars in general so if you ever need a tune or are ever in scottsdale I highly recommend you go see them. (the video below is the first pull they made for a baseline with the canned tune so it got better from there)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCzhVg-BpYo

Dsmdiggler
04-15-10, 10:32 AM
How much was the dyno tune if you don't mind me asking??? Good numbers btw!

4Jenna
04-15-10, 04:37 PM
Awesome, congrats!

-Chris

azmustang
04-15-10, 06:29 PM
my tune was fairly easy (intake and exhaust) so it was $165 out the door. it was $120 for the hour of dyno time then $45 for use of the data equipment so if you have a setup that may take longer than an hour to tune it will be more.

ASUSMC
04-16-10, 09:45 AM
Awesome. Enjoy the extra little bit of power.

phatkat
05-16-10, 07:15 PM
That's a nice bump in power for not a lot of cash!