PDA

View Full Version : Drags at the Super Ford Shootout

Rick Shopmier
02-25-10, 08:22 AM
If you have not noticed, we will be having Drag Racing after our car show March 27, 2010. Speedworld will be at our event doing sign-up and wavers. We will caravan after the show to the track where a special lane and parking will be provided for racers and spectators. Speedworld has discounted the costs for both if you registered for the show. Also we will have some free spectator passes as giveaways in the show. There will be trophies for racing and a combined LOOKS GOOD & GOES FAST trophy. See info and get a show registration form at www.wildwestmustangsaz.com (http://www.wildwestmustangsaz.com) . "MAY THE FASTEST FORD WIN!"

OUR P51
02-25-10, 05:40 PM
This is will be a great show and lots of fun. What are the helmet requirements for Speedworld?

Rick Shopmier
02-25-10, 08:51 PM
I don't know the requirements, that would have to be addressed by Speedworld call 623-388-0039. If you have an open car I suspect you will need one.

trucker
02-26-10, 02:08 AM
13.99 and quicker for a helmet also open cars 11.99 and quicker for a jacket or power adder

BurnTire
02-26-10, 05:29 PM
Helmet below 13.99
Jacket if you have a NON OEM power added (NO2, Turbo, Blower) and run quicker than 13.99
An OEM power adder does not require a jacket until 11.49
All slick cars need a driveshaft Loop.
Below 11.49 a bunch of other stuff is required.

05mustangman
02-26-10, 10:15 PM
dennis once you put the slicks on your car looks like youll need the driveshaft loop before you hit up speedworld.

GasMan
03-18-10, 07:45 AM
Helmet below 13.99
Jacket if you have a NON OEM power added (NO2, Turbo, Blower) and run quicker than 13.99
An OEM power adder does not require a jacket until 11.49
All slick cars need a driveshaft Loop.
Below 11.49 a bunch of other stuff is required.

Anyone know where I can pick up a jacket at a decent price in Phoenix before the show.

Wades GT
03-18-10, 08:30 AM
Anyone know where I can pick up a jacket at a decent price in Phoenix before the show.

Speed world has them and I think they around 60bucks. Is your car fixed?

GasMan
03-18-10, 09:07 AM
Yes it is and its running better with everything that has been replaced...thanks for the info....I guess i will pick one up at the track.

Speed world has them and I think they around 60bucks. Is your car fixed?

BurnTire
03-18-10, 12:11 PM
Lopers has them.

Stanger00
03-18-10, 12:45 PM
Nice, I'll probably be there to see some action. I dont know about the car show though. My car isnt exactly 'show' worthy but she is pretty quick. Finally, broke into 11's even with a big lag between the 1-2 shift. Manual valve body will be in soon enough.

OUR P51
03-18-10, 02:07 PM
For my 2007 GT/CS convertible the helmet requirement is SA 2000. Just talked to Colleen at Speedworld. Thanks Racer00! The one I bought at ProAutosports will work. Sweet! Heads up they are having Nostalgia Drags this Sunday, starting at 9am to about 4 or 5 pm. "Stanger00" no worries bring your car to the show anyway, it's a work in progress!

Wades GT
03-19-10, 10:41 AM
Lopers has them.

They are Cheaper at speed world. Helmets are also cheaper at speedworld.

Casey39er
03-19-10, 09:32 PM

Jemal,

I will be out of town on the 27th so you may borrow my jacket. I will bring it to the show Saturday the 20th at Berge. look me up.

Wharf Rat
03-21-10, 10:34 AM
Are you guys going to run a bracket or just T&T?

Mr. Austin
03-21-10, 12:15 PM
I thought it was like 2 hours of T&t and then all bracket? And I think i may run the old car for fun. :)

Rick Shopmier
03-22-10, 01:18 PM
DRAG RACING AT SPEEDWORLD IS CANCELLED. I was informed today that due to unforseen track repairs next weekends racing is cancelled. See their website at www.speedworlddragstrip.com (http://www.speedworlddragstrip.com) for more details. If you registered for Shootout none of the money collected was for the Drag Racing (see the registration form/info flyer). Sorry but we could not control this.....but the weather next weekend will be great, 80 degrees. You can contact me by e-mail at racer00@cox.net . Rick

Mr. Austin
03-23-10, 04:01 PM
I think they did that because they are chevy people. I also think they are just scared to see what a ford can do. Bastards.

Rick Shopmier
03-24-10, 09:02 AM
Last night I was told that the reason the track is closed is a result of a crash that occured over the weekend. The crash was serious and the driver was not injured. The suspected cause of the crash was a problem with the lane surface. This costs Speedworld because of lose of track use and having to send Car Craft to Firebird this weekend. Austin you gave moved from idiot to just plain dork!

GasMan
03-24-10, 10:00 AM
Last night I was told that the reason the track is closed is a result of a crash that occured over the weekend. The crash was serious and the driver was not injured. The suspected cause of the crash was a problem with the lane surface. This costs Speedworld because of lose of track use and having to send Car Craft to Firebird this weekend. Austin you gave moved from idiot to just plain dork!
The "King of the Twisties" has spoken!!! :highfive:

4Jenna
03-24-10, 10:50 AM
WOW

Was it the concrete transistion by chance?

Rick Shopmier
03-24-10, 12:02 PM
I do not know the details because I got the story from someone who was there when it happened. I'm sure Speedworld will fix this so it won't happen again.