PDA

View Full Version : My WONDERFUL experience at Bell Ford (sarcasm)

ASUSMC
02-11-10, 12:17 PM
So I am looking to get into something new. If I can save some money in the process that makes sense to me. Bell Ford has a DSG 2009 GT500 listed on their website for $47k. I go in, looking to trade both my Cobra and Lightning in, I look at KBB and NADA and I am upside down 3k between the 2 according to the Average/Good trade in value.

I go in and talk with a sales person and give him my objective and what I am looking for. 0 down and 850 a month for 72 months (thats financing right at 50k). They go and run numbers. Proceed to tell me that both the Cobra and Lightning TOGETHER ARE WORTH $11K. Low trade in for the Lightning was $9,775. Low for the car was $14,775. Clearly this must be some mistake. How did I go from being 3-4k upside down to 16k upside down? Told the salesman he was crazy and needed to go try that again. AFter about an hour going thru their BS ring the absolute best they could come up with is $6k down and $1200 a month (thats financing $70k AFTER the 6k down). So the $47k car turned into a $76k car. Walked out and am working a deal with San Tan Ford on a Silver 09 GT500 right now. Things are looking much better.

Sorry for the length

wickedcobra
02-11-10, 12:20 PM
Some people are on Drugs. But thats what you get at some dealerships. I would have told them to go :bananabang: themselves.

SloSVO
02-11-10, 12:27 PM
the sales department are the scum of the earth..

BurnTire
02-11-10, 01:27 PM
You are better to sell the vehicles outright. Trade is only good for the dealer.

ASUSMC
02-11-10, 01:32 PM
I wish I could but thats not happening anytime soon. I can handle being a couple thousand upside down. No big deal. But 16k upside down is ridiculous. Very simply Tean and Joe were trying to bend me over.

El Jefe
02-11-10, 01:38 PM
PM TuksonMike on here. He works at Holmes Tuttle in Tucson and will set you up with a salesman that will give you the details straight up

Rick Shopmier
02-11-10, 03:08 PM
I have bought 3 cars and a truck from Sanderson Ford and I found them to be fair. You have checked the values on your car/truck and if the roughly 24K is the value and you owe 27K then actual trade $ is about 20K after the payoff that you want to apply to the new car....or.....this way if you take the 24K in value and markup the new car by the 3K you owe that makes it 50k. Either way you come up with a difference of 26k plus the tax on the difference of about 8.5% or $ 2210 then you are financing about 28.2k. I have purchase about 50 cars in my life so I know how this works. I if the car you are looking to purchase is an 09 and is still new (never titled(MSO)) then there should be some incentives on this car from Ford, or at least a discount, after all it is a 2 model years old considering the 11's are here very soon. I would be checking around for these cars. I know Sanderson has an 09 KR that they marked down about 17K. Go on line and check their inventory. You are not the first to get the screw-job at Bell Ford.

Casey39er
02-11-10, 03:34 PM
"I feel your pain" when it comes to dealing with Bell Ford.

Since I resettled back here in the Phoenix area in 1997 I have bought no less then 9 new Ford cars/trucks. Every time I went to Bell Ford, with a trade-in or just paying for the vehicle outright, they would try to screw with me on the deal. I would leave with a bad taste in my mouth for everyone I dealt with there.
I would then go to either Sanderson or Sunset Ford and be treated like someone that knew something about the vehicle I wanted to purchase and the value of the trade-in I was offering up.

I would, and have recommended those two dealerships and NOT Bell Ford to others based on my car buying experiences.

Good Luck Jeff...

OUR P51
02-11-10, 06:13 PM
I went to Bell Ford only one time when hunting for a Mustang. They wanted to put me with a young wet behind the ears kid to do my car business. I laughed and walked out.

Haven't been back since.

I bought my car new at Sanderson Ford in '07. They treated my whole family, including kids and grandkids with respect. Starting by conversations on the phone, that led to us going and looking at the car after the sales rep walked the lot to be sure the car was still there before we drove down. We did not have time for a test drive.

My wife and I had a previous engagement, rep was willing to hold the car for $100 refundable deposit for 3 days until we could get back to look at it. He did and gave us the keys to test drive. My daughter was in back seat, so he stayed at dealer. Heh Heh we had fun and then told them where we needed to be and they got us there. I would definitely buy from them again. Gave me more $ for my trade-in to clinch the sale.

DSALEEN
02-11-10, 07:27 PM
Bell ford is gay.i went there to see if they had any saleens.about five were out front i walk up one askes what i was looking for i said do you have any saleens. Of course no but we have roushs.i then said did you not hear me what i just said im looking for a new saleen.they all looked at me like i couldnt afford one probably.so one day i went there custom paint system tons done since new.i had about 20 people drooling over my car and half were employees and some were the same ones that were there when i went looking for one they all complemented bad asss car i had to laugh

RockysMom
02-11-10, 07:43 PM
Go talk to Dave Kohler or Greg Okilita at Berge Ford in Mesa and tell them Trisha from Copperstate sent you. THey will treat you fairly and try to work a deal. People can say what they want about various dealerships, after all its the ultimate dollar when it all comes down too it. It dont hurt to go get a good deal somewhere, No matter where your at. Good luck and Hope you get the best deal available.

David Kohler

Director of Internet Sales
Office: (480) 497-7597
Mobile: (602) 295-2089

Gregory Okolita
Finance Manager
Berge Ford
460 E. Auto Center Drive
Mesa, AZ 85204

Office: (480) 497-7553
F & I Dept: (480) 497-7530
Fax: (480) 497-7576
Cell: (480) 577-4734
Email: grego@bergeford.com (grego@bergeford.com)
Web: www.bergeford.com (http://www.bergeford.com/)

Trisha

So I am looking to get into something new. If I can save some money in the process that makes sense to me. Bell Ford has a DSG 2009 GT500 listed on their website for $47k. I go in, looking to trade both my Cobra and Lightning in, I look at KBB and NADA and I am upside down 3k between the 2 according to the Average/Good trade in value.

I go in and talk with a sales person and give him my objective and what I am looking for. 0 down and 850 a month for 72 months (thats financing right at 50k). They go and run numbers. Proceed to tell me that both the Cobra and Lightning TOGETHER ARE WORTH $11K. Low trade in for the Lightning was $9,775. Low for the car was $14,775. Clearly this must be some mistake. How did I go from being 3-4k upside down to 16k upside down? Told the salesman he was crazy and needed to go try that again. AFter about an hour going thru their BS ring the absolute best they could come up with is $6k down and $1200 a month (thats financing $70k AFTER the 6k down). So the $47k car turned into a $76k car. Walked out and am working a deal with San Tan Ford on a Silver 09 GT500 right now. Things are looking much better.

Sorry for the length

fazm
02-11-10, 08:24 PM
greg @ berge is good, i send my customers from work to him.

bought our 09 v6 at santan ford for 17k out the door though, that was a hell of a deal

svtrichie
02-11-10, 09:05 PM
Greg at Berge Ford is great, I would buy another car from him. It is funny that Bell Ford and Berge Ford is owned by the same Family I believe.

wickedcobra
02-11-10, 09:50 PM
I guess the takeaway from this is to go ahead and skid Bell ford right off the bat.

ASUSMC
02-12-10, 07:09 AM
I have a deal worked right now with San Tan on a 2010 for no money down and the same payment I am making right now. My insurance would drop, I wouldn't be fixing shit on 2 vehicles, and it would have a warranty so overall I am ahead.

Grabber Blue. Pics will be up if the deal goes thru.

OH3MGSVT
02-12-10, 07:12 AM
Dude good luck man I hope you get it, Im hoping my deal comes through too on my car then we will both be driving new cars at the end of the day!!!:woot1::hyper:

Wades GT
02-12-10, 07:48 AM
Good luck my fingers are crossed for you.:thmbsup:

wickedcobra
02-12-10, 07:57 AM
Black with the blue stripes is suweet

cardude99
02-12-10, 08:15 AM
hope you can get it. grabber blue is an awesome color

crazy ray
02-12-10, 11:42 AM
I hope everything works out. When buying a car its a battle of the dollar. You are trying to save money and he trying to make more money by getting you to spend more on the car that you want.

Jodaddy
02-12-10, 02:54 PM
Bell ford is gay.i went there to see if they had any saleens.about five were out front i walk up one askes what i was looking for i said do you have any saleens. Of course no but we have roushs.i then said did you not hear me what i just said im looking for a new saleen.they all looked at me like i couldnt afford one probably.so one day i went there custom paint system tons done since new.i had about 20 people drooling over my car and half were employees and some were the same ones that were there when i went looking for one they all complemented bad asss car i had to laugh

should of told them to get on their knees and perform oral :laughing:

BUSTED
02-12-10, 03:10 PM
Grabber Blue With Stripes ......That Way I Can Atleast Go For A Ride In My Dream GT500.

Wades GT
02-12-10, 03:48 PM
:wave:Did you get it yet?

05mustangman
02-12-10, 06:16 PM
Nice guys! good luck and the new gt500's are incredible!!!

fazm
02-12-10, 07:25 PM
which 09 grabber there? i didnt see one

ASUSMC
02-15-10, 08:43 AM
Didn't end up getting anything over the weekend. The guy at San Tan called me before I got down there and told me that they couldn't do the deal. The bank that I am financing thru (best rates long history with them) said that I can't afford $200 a month LESS than I am already paying for those VVVVV two. So on my way home I stopped by my local chevy dealership. They just took a C6 Z06 in and we are working on a deal for that that includes my friend Nick buying my Lightning (going to happen anyway). If that doesn't go thru then I don't know what I'm going to do. Sell the Cobra outright or keep it. Big headache.

ASUSMC
02-15-10, 08:46 AM
which 09 grabber there? i didnt see one

It was a 2010 I was looking at. On San Tan's website they have an 09 that shows the MSRP at 47k. Turns out its a KR and has 2 MSRP's the Shelby one and the Ford one. $80k+

fazm
02-15-10, 07:43 PM
ok ya i saw the 2010 there, i thought u said 09 lol

im right around the corner from them, got our 09 stang from them