PDA

View Full Version : 83rd ave and lake pleasant

DSALEEN
02-02-10, 12:50 PM
I heard that the cruise in is no longer because the store is closing any answers.

Mr. Austin
02-02-10, 12:53 PM
Yes. They are closing the store down. Some say it will still remain as the parking lot will not be going anywhere. Others are saying they are moving to the wallmart up the road on lake pleasant. Much better lighting and much better parking. Plus wallmart actually wants us there

Wades GT
02-16-10, 07:55 AM
Has the cruise in at wallart started yet? 83rd was still going strong last weekend.

CCStang
02-16-10, 08:37 AM
The Cruise Night at Walmart is really not a bad idea. There is a little Chinese Buffet (Panda), at that location, that hashes up all the fried eel and boiled squid you can handle. MmmmMMMMmmmm! Good stuff! :twothumbsup:

Mr. Austin
02-16-10, 10:54 AM
They are not going to leave. Let me say this again.. THEY DONT want us to leave. Safeway was ok with us being there ut at times didnt want us. Panda Express and all the other stores would not survive if we left. They understand that. They want us to stay and put on the show.

CCStang
02-16-10, 01:03 PM
They are not going to leave. Let me say this again.. THEY DONT want us to leave. Safeway was ok with us being there ut at times didnt want us. Panda Express and all the other stores would not survive if we left. They understand that. They want us to stay and put on the show.

Truthfully? Weak statement! One day, to make a few dollars, out of a whole week doesn't make or break a business. If they fail (or to place it in your words "not survive"), it surely won't be the reason cruise night moved. It can all be blamed on their present overhead, the circumstances of this economy and the apathy of our current lazy a$$ government! Bottom line in the realm of economics 101.

However, since I was being facetious about my prior "boiled squid" statement, I hope the Saturday cruise night stays put.

Mr. Austin
02-16-10, 01:49 PM
Those are not only my words but many, many others at that show believes this and understands this. This may not be the sole reason the the stores dependents but it does help as they have lines out the door when the show is big. Once again I believe these words and so do many others but its not just coming out of my mouth. At the same time the wallmart show has MUCH more room and better lighting. And I live between the two. SO either way im happy.