PDA

View Full Version : Power house options??

Jodaddy
01-27-10, 11:31 PM
Ok guys, my first car was a 80 Firebird love the thing to death, right now it sits on the side of my house with no engine. SO! this tax season im dropin a new power house in it. I wanted to go fuel injection, used that is, out of a wrecked vehicle, but that requires a sh!t ton of work. Im lookin for a relatively cheap engine, already have a turbo 350 tranny 4 it (i have an engine ive been building for it but im still bout 2500$ in the hole and wanna drive this thing one more time before i leave for the army). So im lookin for any suggestions. HELP! :biglaugh:
and i know its a chevy but hey man, it was my first car and i still love her!

Jodaddy
01-27-10, 11:40 PM
for shits and giggles here she is!

silvrsvt
01-28-10, 09:19 AM
find an LSx motor?

Mr. Austin
01-28-10, 11:35 AM
Dang! Look at those flames!!! talk about power!! haha I would say find an older corvette or truck motor.

Jodaddy
01-28-10, 01:00 PM
im either lookin at an old LT1 or maybe a tbi 350 from like an old suburban and tahoe. not sure though anyone else have and suggestions?

Mr. Austin
01-28-10, 01:16 PM
the suberban ones are indesructable. guy visited my work the other day and when i asked him how many miles he said 320 K on the origonal motor. He said he was the origonal motor and has used z max since he bought it. Lol im now a believer in the stuff. And fyi he really did. i read the code on his truck when the motor light came on and it was having a misfire in one of the cylinders due to a coil but.. yah. shows what taking care of your shit does for ya.