PDA

View Full Version : Quick ? on MIL Eliminators

Steve2000GT
01-21-10, 06:11 PM
I just put a bbk offroad x pipe on my 2000 GT a month ago... the check engine light came on and I know it was because I didnt have MIL's on the vehicle yet. They go on the rear sensors correct? and is that check engine light a hard code that will be stored in the system and need to be erased with an OBD 2 machine, should it turn off when the MIL's are plugged in, or will simply disconnecting the battery and reconnecting turn the light off once they are installed. I connected the MIL's today and the light was still on.. disconnected the battery and reconnected and it was off but i dont know if the light will come back on.

Thanks for any input

-Steve

SloSVO
01-22-10, 08:02 PM
the disconnect of the battery will clear the code and the KAM (keep alive memory) al that means is you'll need to drive it for a bit to clear a the OBD2 monitors before you go out and smog it.. if you don't have to smog it.. then your good to go..

Steve2000GT
01-22-10, 10:04 PM
sweet thanks... also will i need this catted h-pipe ever again? do they look under cars for cats at emissions stations

SloSVO
01-23-10, 10:33 AM
If you have the room I'd keep it you never know..unless you make your mind up to just have to buy a used one if you ever do.. i got the space so I got mine.. of al my cars...

gip99gt
02-04-10, 10:56 AM
Keep it you never know when you might need it.