PDA

View Full Version : Found a shop that reboots racks and axles

Taz
12-20-09, 12:44 PM
Disclaimer:

I rarely visit the forums, but a few of you know me personally, so you know I'm not a shill for the business I'm about to plug. In fact I'm not affiliated with any automotive service or retail organization. I'm just a guy with an IRS Cobra who recently lost an axle boot, and I'm throwing this recommendation out to the community as a public service for others who might need their axles or steering racks rebooted at some point. Additionally, the shop offers a number of other driveline services, including driveshaft balancing and custom work, as well as rack & pinion work.

As for myself, I had a braided stainless brake hose rub through the outer boot on one of my axles recently, and I had a devil of a time finding somebody to throw a fresh boot on it. Since the half-shaft in question is a DSS Level-5, ponying up for a whole new axle assembly wasn't really high on my list of options.

Finally, I was directed to Phoenix Rack and Axle (http://phxrack.com) by the kind folks at Mesa Driveshaft, and the crew at Phoenix Rack & Axle rebooted the axle while I waited. Friendly people, first-rate service, and great prices - what more could a fair-haired lad ask of any business?

I happen to believe that if everybody passed it along whenever they had a good experience with a shop or retail outfit, it would help the entire community, so that's what I'm doing. Just sayin'.

:icon_cool: