PDA

View Full Version : *Alert* Stolen 85 Saleen From Tuscon

mikebna
10-29-09, 11:06 AM
The owner ok'ed it for me to post this here, I hope it will turn up in one peice soon-

Hi all, It saddens me to say that my 1985 Saleen was stolen sometime late Monday 10/26- early Tuesday right out of my driveway. The car means a great deal to my family, and it really makes me mad that someone out there has it. I know we Saleen/ Mustang owners have such a respect for each other, that I am asking you to keep your eyes and ears open in the hope that can get (at least) most of the car back. Here are the details:

1985 Saleen #88
Red with gold racing stripes
Hayashi Wheels
Stolen from Tucson, AZ 10/26/2009

If you have any information, Please contact the Pima County Sheriff's Office at 520-351-4600 (report#091027056)

A Google search of "1985 Saleen" will bring up an article from Mustang Monthly (May 2007) "Fox for Fun" featuring my car. http://www.mustangmonthly.com/featur...ang/index.html

Again, I ask you all for your help in getting the word out, posting on other forums, etc. Saleens are really only Saleens to their owner, and meerly LX parts to the perp. Thank you all in advance. I will keep you updated. Thank you.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk50/mikebna/small%20pics/Stolen85-0088Saleen.jpg

DSALEEN
10-29-09, 11:16 AM
probably a chevy owner

El Jefe
10-29-09, 12:18 PM
Wow sorry to hear, never seen the car in town. Ill post this on a local board

SloSVO
10-29-09, 12:49 PM
bastards!

Jacostang
10-29-09, 01:13 PM
OH nooooo I know this car its beautiful, hope its not in Mexico by now.....

Mr. Austin
10-29-09, 01:15 PM
Wow thats beautiful! i was thinking because it was in the drive way it was just car or maybe a junkie. But WOW

Jacostang
10-29-09, 04:16 PM
Wow thats beautiful! i was thinking because it was in the drive way it was just car or maybe a junkie. But WOW
Yes this car has won awards at our shows!!! Good God Where could it be....

97desertCobra
10-29-09, 05:28 PM
Hate to say it but its probably already stripped down to the last bolt in Mexico. Dont mean to be a downer, hopefully thats not the case. I'm sure im many ways this car is not replaceable. Best of luck to you.

mikebna
10-29-09, 09:26 PM
Just keep your eyes peeled for any specific parts showing up anywhere, and let the authorities know asap, thx.

And yes this car is irreplacable, and it's rare that they are recovered in one peice but we can hope that maybe it was just a joy ride. Just the front air dam is worth around $3,000 if that tells you anything.

I myself would have never left it in the driveway, without some major security around.

RockysMom
10-29-09, 09:27 PM
Being in the storage business I will send an email out to our AZ facilities and let everyone know be on the look out if someone trys to store it.

Just a FYI, its mandatory storing with our company to have proof of ins and a registration/title in thier name, So this could curb it being stored here or at one of our facilities, We do have two down there one off 22nd and one off oracle. I highly suggest calling the local storages first, cause some are not as particular as to who and whats being stored in thier units as we are. I always ask and trust me if its a Mustang I wanna see it. Good luck in your search, I pray it comes back in one piece. Hugs Trisha

Jacostang
10-29-09, 09:33 PM
This just sucks...F$%%$%%$%%%

RockysMom
10-29-09, 09:44 PM
I also have just posted it too my Facebook account. God I hope he finds it!!!

ttocs
10-29-09, 10:41 PM
man that sucks........

good luck with your search.

RockysMom
11-01-09, 07:11 PM
Any news on this???

mikebna
11-02-09, 09:25 AM
Any news on this???

No, but the owner is thakful to everyone that is keeping a watch out for it.

Thank you for doing the storage alert for him.

And yes he does remember going to a few shows that Copperstate has hosted.

Mr. Austin
11-02-09, 09:27 AM
I posted it on my FB with the photo and everything i have 200 + people on there so there are a few more eyes...